Daily Check In May 21, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Grannysewstoys

Re: Daily Check In May 21, 2023

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I didn’t wake up until 7:30 this morning. I must have really needed the extra sleep.

I had misplaced the bunny I had cut out, I want to see if I can sew her. I need to get the instructions printed or onto my iPad. That depends on the number of pages. Depending on how she looks I may make more of her or find another bunny pattern.

I didn’t get any sewing done this morning, instead I FaceTimed with my granddaughter.

My dinner was leftover steak and a zucchini, the zucchini was very bitter so I pitched it.

I had a lot of pain this noon so I took a tramadol, before my nap.

Penny
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

It didn't rain today - yet.

It is getting bad around here. The rental house next to us is not occupied. They haven't finished the inside. And the owners haven't been there in weeks. The COD will go over on the riding mower and do the front yard. The back yard weeds/grass is almost as tall as their fence.

The across the street neighbor last had her yard mowed in April. Seems like she and her hubby are no longer together. He did show up in April to cut the yard before the city festival. They might have gotten a warning. But nothing since. I can't even see if their huge dogs are in the back yard.

I never see them except when one of the sons drives up. They are a little odd.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

The beauty of the day lured me out into the yard to to do some pruning. I trimmed up the wild pink rose so the Chinese lady next door won't have a fit and chop it down again. While I was on their side of the fence trimming the rose, I noticed they are growing corn in their front yard. If anyone remembers the old British TV series The Good Neighbors, it's starting to feel like that in real life here. It was much more amusing on TV.

Also helped DH clean up his flower beds and chopped down some box elder. It resembles poison ivy and he was uncertain about it, but it was okay. We are going to have to have a tree and a huge bush taken out of our side yard by a professional tree company. The tree is probably why we keep getting rodents in the attic, as the limbs touch the roof.

Got to go feed the dogs and cook some eggs for supper.

HappyDaze, hope you have a great trip!
Mackie
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

hello all,

I have had just the best day! We took all the grands and DD's and some of the grands friend and had a girls day....exploring a greenhouse flower place, then a picnic in a state park complete with letting them climb the fire tower. On the way back from the fire tower on the path they got to meet and greet several horses. The owners/riders had little bags of treats to feed to the horses and the girls were just enthralled. It was a wonderful picnic and so much fun.
The flower place was like "my people", lots of what others might consider junk but all I could see was possibilities. The lady that owned it was just a jewel, I finally found some pond plants!!!! I got a few perennials that I have never seen around here. I also bought a lamp/light base that is destined to be mounted and actually turned upside down and will have trailing plants planted in it. I wish we could draw on the forum so I could draw my vision for it. Once I told her what I would do with it she sold it to me cheap and told me to come back...we definitely will.
Then we stopped at a place we have been "junking" at before...The name of the place is literally "Random Crap". DD found me a scotch plaid file box. It isn't good for a file box but I have it planted up with purple millet, sage and mini daisy's I want to add a lime green sweet potato plant spilling out of it. I have it out by my camper.

I swear if I were 20 years younger I would have a plant place like the one we went to.

So home now and just going to relax and be with my dog.
I have had such a good day.

JCKitty
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

casadekitty wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 5:56 pm hello all,

I have had just the best day! We took all the grands and DD's and some of the grands friend and had a girls day....exploring a greenhouse flower place, then a picnic in a state park complete with letting them climb the fire tower. On the way back from the fire tower on the path they got to meet and greet several horses. The owners/riders had little bags of treats to feed to the horses and the girls were just enthralled. It was a wonderful picnic and so much fun.
The flower place was like "my people", lots of what others might consider junk but all I could see was possibilities. The lady that owned it was just a jewel, I finally found some pond plants!!!! I got a few perennials that I have never seen around here. I also bought a lamp/light base that is destined to be mounted and actually turned upside down and will have trailing plants planted in it. I wish we could draw on the forum so I could draw my vision for it. Once I told her what I would do with it she sold it to me cheap and told me to come back...we definitely will.
Then we stopped at a place we have been "junking" at before...The name of the place is literally "Random Crap". DD found me a scotch plaid file box. It isn't good for a file box but I have it planted up with purple millet, sage and mini daisy's I want to add a lime green sweet potato plant spilling out of it. I have it out by my camper.

I swear if I were 20 years younger I would have a plant place like the one we went to.

So home now and just going to relax and be with my dog.
I have had such a good day.

JCKitty
Sounds like a lovely day.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

All I have left to plant is a few annuals in the perennial bed so as to have colour all season. First though I need to weed it, that is what I will do tomorrow.

Youngest made it home, but without the dehydrator. I have a feeling I donated it to one of the two secondhand stores a year or so ago. I now know what to get him as a birthday gift though. Still looking for a secondhand slow cooker to gift him as well.

I am not feeling too well, just headachy, and a bit nauseous. Something I hope goes away very soon. Tonight I will clear my mess off the deck and give it a sweep to clean it up. I also need to put out more oranges for the Orioles. The seem to be sticking pretty close, well at least the female is.

Off to work on getting supper ready (though I really do not feel up to eating very much).
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/