Monday may 22 check in

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
casadekitty

Re: Monday may 22 check in

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,

I slept pretty well but when I woke up I was coughing and sneezing something awful. Took my allergy meds and realized they are cutting hay in the neighbors field. I'll be fine but will have to take another this early evening.

I had to go to the recycle depot on the way to town to do errands. Came home and commenced to installing the carriage lamp made into a planter.... it turned out exactly how I had envisioned it and I am thrilled!
I have a few more house chores to do. I have the utility room ready for the repairman tomorrow.

I have milk heated and now cooling to make yogurt, I hope to BBQ some chicken for this evening, I want to make enough to have with salad for a couple of days.
I really need to paint the last piece of wicker furniture but, probably will wait until they are done cutting hay.
FloridaCat, I feel the same way about The Salvation Army. My mom ran the free lunch program for years at ours here in town and was on the advisory board. They do good work.

JCKitty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Our barbecue plates were delivered 15 minutes ago or so.

The COD already scarfed his down. He really like it and I am glad I got him one. He was hungry.

Next Monday he is making turkey with all the fixings. Mmm
Mrscreative2

Post by Mrscreative2 »

Jackielou wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 8:50 am Good morning fellow frugalites,

The sky is cloudy today, though that could be because of the fires in our neighbouring provinces. It really does not look like rain.

I have quite the list of tasks to accomplish today, a few more than the usual Monday that's for sure. I have the usual tasks, then I want to get out and finish off the planting, clean up after the grandcat (youngest does try but often misses some of the toys). The planting will take perhaps the longest of those two tasks as I need to weed the perennial bed first. I am planting the Easter Lily and some pansies. Then all planting will be done, or at least as much as my back and arms will allow.

The ankle on my right foot is killing me. I will probably wrap it today and see if that helps with the pain. Growing old is taking its toll for sure.

Frugally, no money will be spent today, I am hanging all the laundry on the lines outside, leftovers will be used up today either for our lunch or if enough for our supper. I have salad that can and should be used, perhaps I will use up some ham and chicken (or turkey) and make a chef's salad. Don't believe there is enough taco meat mixture for soft tacos once again.

I am supposed to go shopping on Tuesday, but hope to push it off for a few more days. It will give us a chance to use up even more. There are a few things in the freezer I forgot about and they need using so the menu could change a little bit. In fact I think I will make a list of what needs using and plan May's menus around that (something that has not been done in awhile).

Today I am grateful that the weather is still cool enough not to have the air conditioner on, but warm enough to wear shorts or capris.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
I checked your temperature Jackie and it says it’s 28 C right now. Here it’s only 13 C so I need a jacket and pants. This morning when I went for a walk I could have done with gloves!

Creative
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I have been hopping since this morning. Made the bed and then put the bed skirt on it and fastened it with upholstery screw pins. It covers the end of the box spring that shows with the bedspread tucked in. It matches the valance and giant throw pillow I sewed, so the room looks nicely pulled together.

Then I cut DH's hair with the clippers, changed shirts, made a batch of breakfast
muffins, brewed two jugs of tea, mixed up a loaf of honey oatmeal bread and got the bread machine started, cleaned the kitchen, fed the dogs, cut my hair with the razor comb, showered, and started a load of laundry. Had just enough time to wolf down lunch and go to PT.

On the way home, I picked up a prescription at the drugstore and bought DH a soft drink. The bread was ready to come out, so I turned it out of the pan, scooped the litter boxes, started the dishwasher, put laundry in the dryer, took out the trash, swept the laundry room, pulled a few weeds in the back yard, and have collapsed under the breeze of the fan.

I still need to brush the dogs, but am pretty tired. It may wait until morning.
Mackie
icfrugal2

Post by icfrugal2 »

HappyDaze wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 10:17 am Good morning, Friends. I have my typical anxiety from not going to work, even though rationally I know I am on vacation.

The dogs and I slept until 7:00. I put up a few streamers for DD's birthday - yes she is likely "too old" for that but her birthday means a lot to me. We will go out for lunch or supper or ice cream or something today - yet to be determined.

I have a few last minute things to do to prepare for my trip - I leave tomorrow morning so doubt I will post again before I get back.

Enjoying a second cup of coffee and this beautiful day. I wish you all a good one!
Have a wonderful trip, I vote for ice cream :D

IC
Mrscreative2

Post by Mrscreative2 »

Good afternoon beautiful people,

It’s a lovely sunny day out but a tad chilly. I walked the river path this morning at a leisurely pace as despise my back injury, the ER doctor encouraged me to get lots of gentle exercise. It was exhilarating and invigorating to enjoy nature, the babbling of the river and the robins singing their hearts out. The best “medicine “ ever! I insisted Dh go golfing and he’s glad he did.

Dd2 had the day off work and biked to her friend’s house. They visited a nearby nursery which was open today, even though it’s a statutory holiday (Victoria Day). This is the weekend a lot of people open up their camps for the season and go fishing. Pretty nippy for tent camping but some brave souls do that too!

I had a relaxing day mainly at home. I wrote two penpal letters, planted my parsley in the ground and got all the other herbs planted in pots. I didn’t lift the heavy potting soil - don’t worry. I used a yogurt container as a scoop. I’m not allowed any heavy lifting.

I was excited to harvest some chives which I used as a garnish for my cream of broccoli soup! The rhubarb isn’t near ready to use yet. Dinner is very simple tonight. Mainly leftovers! The only thing I prepared was some cauliflower and baby carrots to oven roast.

Tomorrow I will have my physiotherapy assessment and on Wednesday I do plan on going to Walking Club. Although this injury superseded any of my surgeries in terms of pain, I’m thrilled that it’s able to be managed with just extra strength Tylenol and that I’m able to sleep much more comfortably now. I’m still able to drive, take care of my hygiene and most things around the house so I’m extremely grateful for that! This certainly taught me how exceedingly difficult it must be to live in chronic pain.

Hope you all have a good evening!
Creative