Erin's Dollar Tree List

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Erin's Dollar Tree List

Post by floridacatlover »

Like Patty, I’ve mostly purchased gift wrap/bags/ribbon and cards at Dollar Tree. I’ve bought toothpaste and in years past I bought animal crackers but I haven’t shopped for food there in a very long time. One Dollar Tree near me does not carry food because there is a grocery store in the shopping center and the property owner put the restriction on the Dollar Tree when they moved into the center.

I’m going to sound like an old lady when I say that Dollar Tree (now Dollar and a Quarter Tree) isn’t what it was in the past. Years ago I got a very cute Christmas village bought piece by piece that is such good quality. I still have it. Now the Dollar Tree closest to me is a mess. The previous retailer in the space had carpet which DT ripped out and now the floor is splotchy concrete. I mostly go there for cards now. I recently bought shower curtain hooks. No good and I’ve already donated them.

I noticed that Erin’s list is from 2015.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

The quality of a Dollar Tree store can vary widely, depending on the quality of the management. There's a local one I don't go to because some years ago it was always dirty and disorganized. That may have changed, as the stores have crews that come in at night to put up stock and reset the stores.

Inflation and shortages affected what the chain can offer as well. I used to buy good quality plastic food storage containers and small plastic baskets there. That's now scant on the shelves. I went to Ollie's Outlet to get those items recently.
Mackie
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

You can skip the mango slices . . . terrible.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

I love my dollar tree but I rarely buy food there.

I do buy crafting supplies (my DT even sells fabric now), and seasonal decor items like door hangars and wreaths-because yes, I decorate for and celbrate all the holidays!. I occasionally buy notebooks. I would buy storage items but almost every time I go there, they are well picked over.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Quilter51 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 10:20 am I love my dollar tree but I rarely buy food there.

I do buy crafting supplies (my DT even sells fabric now), and seasonal decor items like door hangars and wreaths-because yes, I decorate for and celbrate all the holidays!. I occasionally buy notebooks. I would buy storage items but almost every time I go there, they are well picked over.
I bought some really nice heavy faux leather at ours in the craft section. It was enough to cover a small box for storing dog meds.
Mackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

floridacatlover wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 9:05 am Like Patty, I’ve mostly purchased gift wrap/bags/ribbon and cards at Dollar Tree. I’ve bought toothpaste and in years past I bought animal crackers but I haven’t shopped for food there in a very long time. One Dollar Tree near me does not carry food because there is a grocery store in the shopping center and the property owner put the restriction on the Dollar Tree when they moved into the center.

I’m going to sound like an old lady when I say that Dollar Tree (now Dollar and a Quarter Tree) isn’t what it was in the past. Years ago I got a very cute Christmas village bought piece by piece that is such good quality. I still have it. Now the Dollar Tree closest to me is a mess. The previous retailer in the space had carpet which DT ripped out and now the floor is splotchy concrete. I mostly go there for cards now. I recently bought shower curtain hooks. No good and I’ve already donated them.

I noticed that Erin’s list is from 2015.
I thought it might be interesting to see what others purchased, or still purchase. Every Dollar Store seems to carry different items.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/