Daily Check In May 23, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In May 23, 2023

Post by Jackielou »

Off to get coffee. Back in a moment or three.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In May 23, 2023

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I had the weirdest waking dream this morning and couldn't fall back asleep after. I laid on the couch and slept for perhaps 30 mins. May as well get up and start my day a tiny bit earlier than usual.

It is pretty hazy once again today, and the rain should be moving in to cool things off a bit. I do plan on getting out for a short walk at some point this morning. My runners have about had it so I will probably be using my card for both runners and sandals this week. I had hoped to make it through the summer with my runners, but the stitching is coming apart. Time for new ones.

My task list for today is almost as daunting as yesterdays was. Still, many are 5 or 10 minute tasks and some will take even less time. I have the usual tasks of ironing, mending (both of which I can cross off immediately as I have none to do of each of them), sweep the floors, clean my desk area, finish off the planting, bring in the garbage bin from the curb, sweep both decks, pay bills online, and make the grocery list. I usually go shopping today, but I am stretching it until tomorrow or Thursday when I should have some more decluttering to drop off at one of the two secondhand stores. I will also clean out the crispers in the fridge today and perhaps the flex area of the fridge as well. Must remember to put out oranges for the orioles. I no longer see them, but boy are they eating those oranges.

I need to get back to sewing as well. Now that I am finished the main planting I should be able to get a few tops made. I have two that are mainly two pieces with some binding around the armholes and neck edge, I am hoping to get one of those finished and the other at least started today. There is still a slight chance that I can get my tops all sewn by the end of the month and perhaps even start on Hubby's robe....

Supper tonight is going to be porkchops. Now if the weather co-operates I am hoping that Hubby does them on the smoker and we will have tinfoil veggies on the BBQ. If the weather does not co-operate, I will do the porkchops in the toaster oven with mushroom soup/rice and make a pot of mixed veggies.

Today I am grateful that we are so blessed to have enough of anything we need.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning friends,

Not much new around here. Wash, Rinse, repeat. I have not slept well the last 2 night. due to heartburn. Ugh. Tonight DGS9 has a baseball game. I am home in enough time to get to bed early, but I have been unable to fall asleep. I have managed to get myself out for a 1 mile walk for the last 2 days. I am gunning for doing it all week. The weather is beautiful, sunny, in the 70's and low humidity.

Have a great day,
Maggie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

I slept pretty good last night. I went to bed about 7! I'm trying to get more rest. The first time I had to get up was 3 so I got a nice long stretch of sleep.

I went ahead and got up at 7 am. It is a nice day out there. The COD said he is going to cut the grass today. I tell you all this rain has really got it going.

Not sure what other trouble I will get into today!

Have a great day all.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Woke up about 1:15 and twisted and turned until about 2:00 and then got up for awhile. Went back to sleep around 4:00 and got up around 5:30.

Daily house and exercise routine complete.

Have to make a special trip to the grocery store today to bring back bananas. Bought a bunch last Friday that were green hoping they would turn slowly and last a few days, but they stayed green and hard. Not the first time this has happened to me. I tossed them the first time around but decided to return them this time.

Got an email from the Town Recreation Dept that sponsors my coloring group that they had money leftover and invited the 70 +/- participants for a pizza lunch on Thursday. RSVP'd immediately.

On the menu for tonight is chicken which I will probably roast in my air fryer, buttered noodles and green beans.

Well that's it for now. Have a nice day.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

Logics, that is very nice that your town’s rec department will use the extra money for a pizza lunch.

Mackie, after your busy and very productive day yesterday, I hope that you can take a bit of a breather today.

I feel good. Yesterday went so well with Salvation Army.

I asked the painter first thing yesterday to help me take down the valance on the window in that bedroom. I’ve washed it and the dryer just finished. But before I iron it (using the big ironing board at mom’s house) I’m going to cut some off each end. Mom made valances and curtains very full which is great but to me they are often too full. So I won’t get the painter to help me put it back up until tomorrow.

I’ll go over there late morning to put the big can back into the garage and check on the painting. He likes to start very early to avoid the heat and leaves around 1 pm. I’ll move my the gorilla ladder into the bedroom and clean the window sill.

I’m so happy that I can now start looking at carpet for that bedroom. I may stop at HD today. There is another carpet store recommended but it is in the north county and I’m not sure I’ll go there and it definitely won’t be today.

I have not heard from the kitchen lady. If I don’t hear by tomorrow, I’ll contact her. The kitchen is small and it might be too smalll for her and if so I’ll go another route.

I cleaned out my sock drawer the other day and got rid of four pair and a couple of strays. Every little bit helps. Today I found four pair of shoes to donate. They are all in very good condition but either the heel is too high or they hurt my toes. Out they go to Salvation Army.

Have a good day.