Daily Check In May 24, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Quilter51

Re: Daily Check In May 24, 2023

Post by Quilter51 »

Good morning all

It's an at home day, and I am definitely starting slowly here.

Not sure how the day will progress, I need to have my morning time and then get dressed and do someting constructive. It's supposed to rain so I am probably exercising inside.

Back once my act ismore together and I have woken up a bit.
jgomez1002

Post by jgomez1002 »

Hello Everyone,

I've been busy with conferences the last three weeks and have managed to read some of "The Frugal", but not even kept caught up. I hope everyone feels better soon.

I've been working on my gardens in my spare time. Spring came early to Maine, but it really has not warmed up yet. In the very low 60's most days and we are still getting occasional frost at night. I am planning on planting corn, wax beans (yellow), and cucumbers today. I can dig my holes for seedlings and put in my poles for Portuguese Pole Beans, and fill some planters with flowers today,

Indoor chores are some dusting, sweep and work on cleaning the basement.

Lunch will be a salad leftover beef and barley soup. Dinner is grilled lamb chops, grilled veggies and rice pilaf.

I want to go to the post office, bank and library this afternoon.

I am very thankful that DH is slowly healing and making progress with his leg injury. He has a doctor appointment tomorrow. I have some questions. DH compensates with his right leg a lot. He twists to get out of a chair. I think he needs some exercises to get out of a chair.

Have an awesome day, everyone.

Regards,
Julie
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

It's going to be a nice day today with the temp expected to reach the mid 70s and partly sunny. Was out for a short while this morning, but will try to get out again a little bit later.

Went to buy the cherries (probably the only time they'll be affordable this year) and the eggs at the lowest sale prices I've seen. Couldn't pass them up. Tomorrow I'll go out early and get my lettuce and bread.

My sister has been going back and forth, but has finally decided to come up to visit for the weekend after Memorial Day weekend as she doesn't want to be on the road on the holiday. I'm looking forward to it and I think she just wants a change of scenery for a few days.

I did the household tasks scheduled for today yesterday so I'm just going to get some additional exercise in. Today will be a whatever kind of a day but will probably include reading, playing some computer games and possible working on the update of a web page.

Dinner tonight is a Hot Pocket sandwich with a serving of mixed vegetables on the side.

Well that's all for now. Have a nice day.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Nice and cool morning - mid 60s. Lots of fresh air. The sun is shining.

Not sure what I will do today. Probably start packing? Even though we don't leave until Saturday and it is only overnight. LOL

My brother is in surgery right now. He was in good spirits and his son and wife are keeping us updated. Hope all goes well.

Have a great day.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Y'all have been busy today! JGomez, you are correct that your husband needs physical therapy to to learn how to safely use his healing leg to get out of a chair. He'll be in a mess in a year if he doesn't get it.

I am having morning coffee with the napping dogs. Got PT myself this afternoon. It's going to twice a week now, which helps with the budgeting.

I have to think up something for DH's lunch that fits his strange eating habits. Dusting has been on my chore list for about five days and remains there. Must do something about that.

Another cup of coffee would be a good start. Hope you all have a good and peaceful day.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

ok - sibling not having surgery. They said his kidneys might be affected by the dye they use to check the blockage - so he has to go to a kidney doctor now.