Daily Check In May 24, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Quilter51

Re: Daily Check In May 24, 2023

Post by Quilter51 »

Julie he should definitely have PT and possibly OT, if they did not automatically schedule you for it, please get it. They will help him move evenly and if he needs to compensate show him the best way.

I had a craving for lasagna so I let target throw frozen lasagna and garlic bread in my car since I wasnt going to go big shopping today. It's cooking and just beginning to give of all the smells, lol.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Jackielou wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 6:27 pm Update

So far there have been no call to ban books here, but the way that is spreading I am pretty sure that idiocy will be hitting us soon. I have already informed Hubby that I will be out there with a sign or chained to the library doors telling people over my dead body will books be banned.... Reading was such an important part of my life and our sons lives (not so much Hubby's) that the thought of actually not having the resources to make everyone feel at home and safe just makes me angry.
OH! I forgot to mention this goodie. Maxime Bernier showed up at our School Board meeting last night. The mental midgets were SO excited about him being there.

I just couldn't bear up to their adulation and what not I heard as I stood there. I guess if you're going to be a fascist about banning books you adore the fascist who loves this kind of stuff. To me it was horrifying.

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

casadekitty wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 3:04 pm Update:

So far the bees are accepting their new hive. It is much too close to the house and the other hive but we will move it once we know they are settled. We will move it after dark.

The thing with bees is while they don't require the care and attention that most livestock does, you still have to study them and hopefully "read their signs".
It is cloudy off and on and very warm. They are in the hay field turning the hay so more allergies but will take a med this early evening.

Need to finish my list and get ready for the ball game later. Shrimp tacos for supper when we get back simple meal everything is ready to assemble after grilling the shrimp on the Foreman.
Off to get going again.

JCKitty
Kitty!

I got the pickles made! They look so good! I didn't do the trick of turning the jar upside down for the jar to seal again though. I left the jar out while it cooled enough to go into the fridge, as I was sitting here catching up on the news, I heard the "Pop!" of it sealing! I'm going to give it until Friday night or Saturday to go for the taste test!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 8:22 pm OH! I forgot to mention this goodie. Maxime Bernier showed up at our School Board meeting last night. The mental midgets were SO excited about him being there.

I just couldn't bear up to their adulation and what not I heard as I stood there. I guess if you're going to be a fascist about banning books you adore the fascist who loves this kind of stuff. To me it was horrifying.

MJ
Read about him being there and leaving early. People wee saying he left because he wasn't getting the adulation he thought he should be getting.

Sorry that he is running in your province for a seat in the Fed. government. He is in the lead right now, I understand.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Mrscreative2

Post by Mrscreative2 »

icfrugal2 wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 5:12 pm I understand your fear because of losing your mom, please make sure that you get the testing.

IC
A spinal MRI was ordered by my family practitioner but it will take some time I’m sure! It could be up to 6 months!

My bloodwork came out good - platelet, white and red blood counts all good. I have yearly mammograms and six month follow ups at the cancer centre already because of my breast cancer treatment.

Creative