Daily Check in May 25

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
casadekitty

Re: Daily Check in May 25

Post by casadekitty »

Update:

FloridaCat, I have made sure they have plenty of sunscreen!!!! Plus the family friends they are going with are sun screen fiends so they should be covered. I told them to apply every hour and always when they get out of the water.
I have felt chilled all day, just now getting close to 70, but it is sunny so that is a plus.
I have had a sinus headache most of the day, not surprised though as they are still turning, baling and hauling hay from the neighboring field.

Wendy's copycat chili and cornbread for supper tonight with the kids, I am not big on chili but really enjoyed it. Still haven't made the rice krispy bars, I will get it done eventually :roll: . I don't know why I have so much trouble settling down and doing some cooking. But when the sun is out I just feel like I need to be outside.

Sheila, best of luck to you tomorrow with your interview.
JCKitty
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

HappyDaze wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 4:01 pm Hello all. I am home. We had a really good trip but it was exhausting - to be expected I guess. The show at Sight and Sound Theater was nothing short of spectacular.

Other than that there was a lot of touring at shopping venues disguised as "Amish Villages" and the like. I didn't buy much at all - a refrigerator magnet and quilted seat belt cover - oh and a horse shoe painted gold from the most precious little Amish boy - end of story. Some of those folks on the tour were shopping like there was no tomorrow.

My dogs are happy to see me and we are all ready for a long nap - it was go, go, go the past couple of days and "my go has went." My job interview is tomorrow and I want to be well rested so I will check in later on.
Welcome Home and Good Luck tomorrow!!
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Glad you had a great time, HappyDaze, and may that golden horseshoe bring you good luck tomorrow.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

ugh my sister just texted that she would be here about 9 am on Saturday to pick us up. I figured noon. Oh well guess I really need to pack tomorrow and be ready to go.

she already booked the hotel room. Will be nice to see my brother. Other brother is also going but taking his wife and son. We will meet up there.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

I managed to actually be in bed before nine, which is my goal. I may not go to sleep until eleven thirty if I am reading or watching or knitting, but my spoons are all used up, so I am working on this habit thing.

Trying to decide if I want a second tv in my bedroom, right now only in the LR.

Have a good night all.

Jackie, Feel better