Daily Check-in May 26, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check-in May 26, 2023

Post by clemencia2us »

floridacatlover wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 1:09 pm Hello friends.

Good luck to HappyDaze today!

The painting is finished! There was a glitch at the end because when I got to the house, I did not like the color of the front step and cement pad near the side garage door. I had selected a burgundy (same as the current paint) but it was too bright. So I met the painter at HD and picked out a deeper shade and had him repaint it. It all looks good and I picked up yard debris while he was finishing up.

I finally got the proposal from the kitchen lady. It is well within my budget (that I sort of picked in thin air) but she has some errors that need correcting. She forgot the kitchen window and put a cabinet there and put a microwave over the range and I don’t want it because I’m too short. But it’s a start. She would not begin work until later this summer.

I’m mentally tired now so I stopped at Publix and bought an overpriced Cuban sandwich (Yum!) and turned my a/c down to 77 F. I’ve been running the a/c at 79 F. mostly except at night and it has been OK but not today.

Now to relax.
Your painter sounds like a great guy. Always ready to make changes!
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Well my bag is packed. I don't know why I think it will take me forever to do. I get all freaked out. What to wear etc. My toiletry bag is basically already done. I keep it in the bag. Ready to go. Just added a new deodorant to it.

It is just going to be a casual thing, so really I could wear the same jeans or shorts both days - :mrgreen:
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

And I will be wondering how the pups are doing the whole time I am gone!!!
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Clem, last year when DH and I went on vacation, we came home a day early because we missed the dogs and wanted to sleep in our own bed. We are not cut out for doing a world tour.

HappyDaze, I hope things work out the way you want it to.

After spending a fortune at the grocery store, I still forgot a couple of items. Right now I am trying to decide whether to go get them or live without. Living without is looking good, as is a homemade wine spritzer.
Mackie
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

clemencia2us wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:42 pm And I will be wondering how the pups are doing the whole time I am gone!!!
Clem, while I was away, DD sent me a video of her and the dogs waking up in the morning and it made me cry. The dogs were in their usual spots and DD was in my spot and honestly, I was jealous and missed them so much!

You have a nice trip and your pups will be so happy to see you when you get home!!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Update:

I have been busy and have most everything done. It took me forever to water outside but it all looks so good.
After outside work was done I came in and opened windows, pulled a butt muscle while opening windows in the sunroom. My own fault, I twisted wrong. I had to take an Advil, it is loosening up a bit, ticks me off when I do stuff like that.
Had a shrimp taco for lunch with extra salad on it. Might do fries and will butterfly some shrimp also for supper. Each package contains 38-42 shrimp and they are so good.
Made the rice krispy squares, that should get me over any sweet cravings when they come up.
I have my patriotic decor out and installed, was thinking I would mow the house yard but then pulled the butt muscle so no....it will wait.
Instead I have been running the clippers over my dog every time I take him out for a potty stop. He needs a bath but it needs to be a lot warmer, he is so old. I don't want him to get a chill. I brush him and then run a dryer sheet over him and it helps. The dryer sheets are a natural product so won't hurt him.
Sometimes I use a wash cloth wrung out with baking soda water to just freshen him up.

I refilled the bird feeders, next up is fill the hummingbird feeders. I also have an iris that needs staked.
off to drink water and start again.

JCKitty