Daily Check-in May 26, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Daily Check-in May 26, 2023

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

It's going to be a little bit warmer today as it is expected to reach the low 70s with lower wind gusts and bright sun.

Happy Daze, I don't always catch up with everything but if today is the day of your interview, good luck.

Household chores today are basically sweep floors and mop kitchen and bathroom. Haven't yet begun exercising. Had another broken night's sleep so I had laid back down around 5:00 for about another hour.

Nothing special planned for today. I might work on converting my June menu plan to WW points. I also want to get to updating one of my web pages. I'll probably get started moving a few things around in anticipation of my sister visiting me next weekend such as blocking the places the cat can get stuck or hide behind.

Dinner tonight is pork chop with vegetables.

Well that's it for now. Have a nice day.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check-in May 26, 2023

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well with HappyDaze interview.

I waited all day for the rain to come and most of the night. It must have arrived sometime after 2 am because when I looked out the window things were still dry. Opened the drapes this morning and the ground is wet (or at least damp), we also have a thick fog that has rolled up the valley and has begun to overtake the city. Spooky as fog seems to deaden all sound. 😱

So my ribs feel awesome this morning, and I think my back is a touch better (though I am not making any sudden movements), I may get out in the cool and do some weeding in the perennial bed, heck if I am not in severe crippling pain after that I will plant the annuals I purchased for in that area (one needs some colour that lasts all season). I really don't have much to do inside today (not a typical Friday) so I will get the few household tasks quickly done and move outside while it is still cool.

Sewing will happen this afternoon and I should with any luck finish the second last top. The last one is a pattern that I have never done so I will need to read the instructions carefully. I could be starting Hubby's robe by Monday with any luck whatsoever.

Supper tonight will see the end of the fish sticks that are in the fridge freezer. I plan on making a rather large salad so the leftovers can be used up on Sunday, and the fries that have resided in the fridge freezer for awhile now. The air fryer will be used for the fries, and the toaster oven for the fish sticks. Keeping things as cool as possible right now.

Today I am grateful for the rain we have gotten as it will soften the soil and make weeding much easier.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning

Interesting start to the day. Not for us here at home, but most of the town and the other bigger town down the road. Power is out all over. They had to cancel school cuz why have the kids just hanging around not able to do anything. So the busses had just dropped them off and now will pick them back up again. Must have taken a major hit at a big substation. We shall see.

Today will do the usual and also have to pack. Ugh - I thought we were leaving around noon or so, nope- 9am! Good thing my sister is used to getting up at 5am. I told them I was practicing getting up earlier. I was up by 7. pups have been out and are asleep again.

Good luck HappyDaze!!
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good luck, HappyDaze!

Good morning, Jackie, Logics and all. I slept better last night and feel much better today. Both the cats wanted to be on our bed last night. Dora Kitty is never any trouble, but DH said he woke up at 5:30 to Ollie Cat, the old man, sitting between our heads and staring at him. This is usually a sign that Ollie requires the servants to arise and feed him, so DH got up. Resistance is futile. :-D

Today I have a big grocery shopping trip. We are out of everything and DS has asked for gift cards for his birthday, which I can buy at the grocery store and get gas points. Otherwise it's just routine Friday chores.

The pollen count continues to be awful, so I may spend the day slightly woozy on allergy tablets. Hope you all have a good and peaceful day.
Mackie
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,
Happydaze good luck on your interview.
I was up at a decent time after sleeping pretty well. Coughing and sneezing but have taken my allergy pill and waiting for it to kick in.
Chickens are taken care of and they are out. Next up is watering outside. No rain predicted till next Thursday.

Feeling a bit anxious and unsettled, probably cause I know the grands are going on their trip. I know they will be fine but am a born worry-wart. :roll:

House chores are minimal unless I add to my list, I am sure I could find more to add but not inclined at the moment.
Should make a trip to the farm store for more dog food and extra chicken feed, I just dread the crowds.

Off to make decisions and get started.

JCKitty
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Our first two dogs when had in germany and then for awhile back here for those who remember.

One of them was a beagle. He would just literally sit and stare at us for like half an hour before dinner time. Completely unmoving. I would always be saying "when it's time I'll get up" but he would continue to stare, silent and immobile, lol

In that case its a beagle thing.