Daily Check-in May 27 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Grannysewstoys

Re: Daily Check-in May 27 2023

Post by Grannysewstoys »

Since my birthday is next week. On the way to my apartment my daughter went to Meemo’s Bakery and picked up cupcakes for my friend and I.

This morning my daughter came over and we went to the bank, I again have a savings account. She also now has a debit card to my checking account.

Then we went to H-E-B as she needed a few things. She was able to get the 2:5 gallon slider bags. Her store doesn’t carry them.

Then to Church’s Chicken for Fried Chicken.

She didn’t stay for lunch.

I had my dinner and then had a nap.

Penny
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good late afternoon!

Cloudy and 76 right now, overall a nice day.

Ah ... same old, same old with trying to deal with work projects and other stuff. My lower back is sore, so that's not helping with energy levels.

Anyway need to get more green bean seeds; I underestimated how much I needed. My oregano didn't come up. Had a potato that started to sprout, so popped that in the pot. It's reasonably deep, so maybe I'll get some potatoes ... or at least a nice vine. Everything else is doing well.

Patty (((hugs))). Thank heavens your tech is willing to work with you. I hope you get some relief, and hopefully your DH will be able to get around by himself SOON! (I have to admit, I'm adamant about wanting two cars. At the moment, we still need them with DH working. But I want to be able to go out on my own, when I want to.)

Creative, I'm glad you're feeling better. Jackie, I must have missed what happened, but I hope you're feeling better.

It's laundry day here, too, so I should go fold clean clothes and make the bed. DH wants to make pizza for dinner, which is fine by me :lol:
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Bonne apres midi toute le monde!

I have been dinkin' around for most of the morning. After two cups of coffee I started going. I am, as usual, I am doing kitchen countertops. It looks like I am going to have to go at them with full on bleach!! Weird as it sounds, I think that is the only way they may come clean. I'm worried about getting bleach on my clothes so will either put on my bathrobe of become on of those ladies that cleans in their lingerie!! :mrgreen:

As lovely at Zoe's recliner was, that black fake leather "skin" is all over the place since they took it out. I had sort of controlled it with a big crocheted blanket over the chair but when that came off? It travelled all over the place. I noticed, yesterday, that I'll have to do some vacuuming in the communal hallway as some of it got out there too when the took it out for the dump. Sigh. Well, it was a thing of beauty while it worked so I'm only complaining because, well, I am! LOL

I was up at 4 am and no chance of going back to sleep in my bed. I came out and hit the new rocker recliner and took advantage of rocking for awhile while watching a bit of news and then reclined and caught some more sleep. I finally was able to go back to bed after a couple of hours and then went and slept some more. It was great! It meant a slower start to my day but what the heck? It is a holiday weekend!

I've been doing some online price checks today too. One is for CLR which is for removing rust and cleaning out my espresso machine, ice machine and then the Keurig. It isn't cheap stuff ($10.99) but it goes a long way and does so much. I might get it tomorrow or wait until after lunch on Monday. I will see what I get done today and gauge from there how tomorrow will play out.

Tomorrow, I will go to Dollar Tree and get a small bouquet of silk flowers to take to my Grandpa George's grave in the Military cemetery here. He was a mechanic during WWII (he is "mother's" father). Because he owned a garage here in Brandon, he was stationed in Petawawa, Ontario preparing equipment and machinery to go overseas. He died very young and is buried in our lovely veterans cemetery here in town. They all have lovely grey granite headstones. I always have to take a spell to look and find him amidst all those identical stones. I sure wish I had a camera so I could send a photo of the flowers on Grandpa's grave to my sisters.

Last night, I had some beautiful Walleye filets done in butter will dried dill. OMG! So good! Tonight? I think I'll have sausages with sauerkraut again. I really love sauerkraut especially when done so it just starts to carmelize a bit. So yummy!

Well, I better get pack to my Clorox wipes and back to the tasks at hand!

That's the skinny from around here!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

I got most of the lighting done in the back yard, just a few more to hang up and some to replace next time I go shopping. Hubby finished his bird feeder shelve (quite the contraption he has going, I plan on taking a picture and posting it on my blog today). He has watered the garden, and I have watered my plants. Well I have two left in front to do so will get those done shortly.

My dandelions are washed and drying, hopefully I can make the oil tomorrow and then if I get the ingredients necessary some salve or rub made as well. Leaning towards the salve as it can also be used as a rub.

No sewing done as of yet, though I did get all the markings transferred, threaded my machine and changed the needle. I should be able to start on that project first thing tomorrow.

I also have the brisket out thawing so that I can rub everything on it tonight and leave it overnight in the fridge for Hubby to start to cook it tomorrow. Man that is going to be cooking a very long time. Hopefully we like it.

I refilled my whole wheat bread flour container, and next up I will wash and prepare the strawberries. Now I know lots of you store your berries in glass jars with great results. Mine seem to get a moldy after a bit. Do you dry the berries before putting them in the jar?

Supper tonight is going to be leftovers of whatever I have in the fridge. Hubby mentioned the chicken so I will heat that up as well. While it is nice having a big fridge, things can pile up in it. I really need to get a better handle on that as lately things keep getting pushed back and I have had a bit more wastage than I would like.

Off to get a bit more work done (strawberries and checking on salve ingredients). Hopefully I get back on later.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

MJ, that fake leather stuff looks good until it doesn't and then it's really bad. I scrubbed it off the top of a cheap footstool and then painted the fabric with exterior latex paint. It help up really well for the light use it got.

Ollie Cat should wake me up early more often. I got a lot of housework and laundry done, clipped some weeds and vines in the back yard, and made new throw pillow covers for the den sofa and love seat with some fabric found while cleaning out the sewing closet.

My supper was a spicy Korean tofu frozen meal. It was quite good.
Mackie
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

So i do not know the difference between all the kinds of beas and wasps but what I think are wasps are finding a way inside via my sewing room window. I have sprayed both the inside and the outside extremely well and every time I go inthhere now another one is dying. Im not sure if it's coming on the top, of in between the top and bottom where the lock is. We have nothing but emergency help between now and tuesday at the apartments so I will just keep it very well sprayed.

I was measureing all the pieces of fabric so I would know what could be made out of them. I am taking a break now and eating early and will have a snack later. I also had some fudge covered oreos which can I just say are to die for.

Now I am planning. or I may read or practice my scripture for tomorrow.