Daily Check-in May 27 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Prairie Waif2

Re: Daily Check-in May 27 2023

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

WOW!!

Just moments ago, the news report came out that Ken Paxton, Attorney General of Texas, was impeached and has been removed from his post until that creep Abbott replaces him.

Paxton had been actually calling the GQP House of Representatives this past week with messages threatening political repercussions and so much more. The guy has been under indictment for like 5 years. I don't know why this wasn't done sooner. I guess he kept racking up the crimes until even the GQP had enough of him.

I've seen him pulling a trump railing against how this would be illegal and all. Laugh!! The GQP has one thing they love to use, being victims. Honestly, you'd think they have a victim support group! Oh, they do, it's "today's Republican party."

Well, it's looking like time for putting supper on. I had a lovely long chat with Patty just a tiny bit ago. She sent me a recipe for No Bake Chocolate Oat Bars. I have to get some more oatmeal and make a batch!!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 6:17 pm WOW!!

Just moments ago, the news report came out that Ken Paxton, Attorney General of Texas, was impeached and has been removed from his post until that creep Abbott replaces him.

Paxton had been actually calling the GQP House of Representatives this past week with messages threatening political repercussions and so much more. The guy has been under indictment for like 5 years. I don't know why this wasn't done sooner. I guess he kept racking up the crimes until even the GQP had enough of him.

I've seen him pulling a trump railing against how this would be illegal and all. Laugh!! The GQP has one thing they love to use, being victims. Honestly, you'd think they have a victim support group! Oh, they do, it's "today's Republican party."

Well, it's looking like time for putting supper on. I had a lovely long chat with Patty just a tiny bit ago. She sent me a recipe for No Bake Chocolate Oat Bars. I have to get some more oatmeal and make a batch!!

MJ
Good riddance! Am I understanding correctly that Abbott can put him back in office? If so, that is a disgrace. I’ll go read the story.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 6:17 pm WOW!!

MJ
I have to ask, is GQP your version of GOP (Grand old Party = Republicans)? The first time I saw that I thought it was a typo.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Happy Saturday everyone,

I slept until about 6:30. Sleeping in for 90 minutes. After showering and dressing, it was off the Meijer for grocery shopping. Since then, I have been rather lazy. I tried to run the robo vac, but looks like I put it on the charger backwards and it did not charge. So I fixed it and will run it later or when I leave for Church tomorrow.

I overcame my reluctance and sent a text to a friend who mentioned a get together. I thought he said it was Saturday, but I got a text back that it is Sunday, same time DB2 invited the folks and me over for a cookout. I am taking some broccoli salad. I did cook bacon in the over and slice red onions.

I took a walk about an hour ago. I have walked every day the last 7 days, except for Thursday when I had a workout with the trainer.

Have a nice evening,
Maggie
Beverley

Post by Beverley »

Good afternoon!

Woke up feeling good today so I have been a busy bee all day. However I can feel my spoon supply rapidly dwindling so I am going to call it a day as soon as I finish drying this last load of laundry. The sorting, folding and putting away will probably happen tomorrow. Right now they are sitting in laundry baskets on my dining room table.

I finished doing my yarn sorting as far as I could go and put the totes back in the garage. I have some crocheting projects to work on that will take several weeks to complete so I do not need the totes close by right now. I am slowly reclaiming my living room.

I bought a tub of The Pink Stuff and trying it on my old shower doors in the bathroom. We have hard water so I am not sure how much damage I can undo. But it is an improvement. I am a person who prefers to salvage rather than replace. That means if I need some redoing done in the bathroom it will be the floor and walls. I do not want a total remodel. Like Happydaze I do not want to incur debt. So I will just plug away little by little.

Well thats about all for now. Have a good evening everyone!

Bev
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Update:
Patty I know you are having a really hard time right now, you sound like you are handling it but I know it has to be wearing. Praying for you and Steve.
Son in law came this afternoon and mowed the yard, he also helped me redo a hose and set up the hose reel cart that I bought at a yard sale. It is now all set up and works great.

MJ, my grandfather is buried in a veterans cemetery in Johnson City Tennessee. My dad was his junior and the first time I saw his headstone with my dads name on it, it took my breath away. I never got to meet him as he passed several years before I was born. It is a lovely cemetery, gently rolling acres and mature trees.
My dad used to say I reminded him of his dad (stubborn) although I prefer determined. LOL

I will now try to relax and watch some TV.

JCKitty