Daily Check In May 28, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Re: Daily Check In May 28, 2023

Post by HappyDaze »

Update: the fritters did not turn out. I ended up baking the batter in muffin tins so as not to waste it. The result is not bad at all - so that was a close save!

I am brutally tired. I waited up till DD and her SO (back from the farm for my niece's wedding next weekend) brought Hope back from the dog park. I am so happy that they take her there and she gets to run!

I plan on going to a bigger consignment store in a bigger town tomorrow to look for a dress for the above mentioned wedding - nothing last minute about me - ugh.

I am off to bed. Lucy and Hope are already in there so there may or may not be a spot for me. :-)
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
jgomez1002

Post by jgomez1002 »

Hello All!

Just a quick check in. I have been so busy with gardens... My gardens are almost all planted. I still need to plant my pole Portuguese Pole Beans and cucumbers. I planted sunflowers today. DH set up the watering/sprinkler system for the garden today.

We also met DH siblings at the family camp to put in the dock. We decided to wait until next Saturday because the water was very cold. We did have a great family cookout together. We all supplied our own burgers, I brought baked beans, DSIL made pasta salad and other DSIL made shrimp dip, chips, and grilled pineapple. Delicious lunch.

We're watching the move "The Postman" tonight. I love this movie. It is a modern Western. Patriotic for the holiday, too.

We are going to a cematery tomorrow and spending some time taking care of outside. Always much to do.

I really need to dust.
Regards,
Julie
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

clemencia2us wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 6:25 pm The trip was a whirlwind. And then I got a text from the COD about our smallest pup.

She managed to get out of the fence and was gone. Ugh. He hated to have to tell me. She has done this before but usually gets scared and comes back to the gate. Not sure why she took off - maybe because I was not home?

He finally got her at midnight. What a relief.

This morning was nice. We met with family and had breakfast and then took off. It is a 5 hour drive at least to get home. And then the sibling that picked us up has to travel another two hours. Waiting for her call to say she is home.

The pups here at home are okay. It will take me a day or so to relax after this quick trip.
I’m glad that the COD found your pup!! Scary.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Quilter51 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 3:23 pm I do not even use checks. I have been here two and a half years and any checks I hae have the other address. Everything is card or cash or venmo or zelle. AS for my kid, I did not get the logical gene in terms of either math or finances and I think she got it times three, so it is a load of my mind and a minor thing for her.

Back from church and my errand.

Need to work more on my speaking voice in German. I watch German tV shows and read German books and mags but have no one to "speak with" so I sound funny to myself sometimes. Need to practice just talking to myself I guess.

Went and collected two bins of quilts that the husbands mother and mainly I think grandmother made. Some are very involved and some are just basic and tied. Also a bunch of afghans in here. I will go thru and then share with the other buy nothing group members as needed.

I am having lasagna and spinach for lunch so we'll see how hungry I actually am at dinner. I also had a few fidge covered oreos. Sigh. I am still not good at getting up early enough to walk before the heat I either need a better indoor program or to get up earlier.

Like everyone else I am at a what will be will be status for the rest of the day. I am also home all day tomorrow so I will get a few things done one way or the other.

I don’t use as many checks as in the past but would miss them. I pay my HOA fee and the lawn guy with checks. I could pay the HOA with Bill Pay but most people still drop checks in the community mailbox. We are self-managed, no management company. Lawn guy does take either Venmo or Zelle but I think prefers checks.

In an apartment you don’t pay repairs but this is where I use checks most often. Painter does not take cc and didn’t mention Zelle or Venmo. A/C and plumber charge extra to pay by cc and roofer a few years ago was the same.

It is interesting how money is changing. When I do get a small check in the mail I do love depositing it using my phone. I understand that in London you now use a contactless credit card instead of an Oyster card to ride the tube.