Daily Check In May 28, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check In May 28, 2023

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

I slept well and plan a quiet day. The baseball game begins early, about 11:30 a.m. I’m working on one of my older puzzles that would appeal to you sewers. (Mine is the 1,000-piece version but the picture is the same.)

https://gibsonsgames.co.uk/products/the-dressmakers-daughter-jigsaw-puzzle

Even though the 1st is not until Thursday, I wrote my HOA check and entered my other regular bills in my checkbook and also balanced my May statement. Since I set up the separate sinking fund account, it is much easier to balance my checking account.

Not much else.

Have a good day.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

my son in law also smokes his brisket. He and my daughter are having a big thing today for friends and probably putting up their big inlfatable pool and the crafting tent for shade

The guy came yesteray and sprayed the little was critters well. He said he did not know how they were getting inside the window since it was closed and I do not know either but the blinds were mainly closed and they kept appearing and they wereno where else and the patio door was closed. I will keep an eye today and clean up wihen I return from church.

Trying to wake up as fast as I can so I can take a shower and get to church. I need to do part of the reading in german and since I dont get to actually speak it anymore although I read and watch have been going over it a few times.

After church I may make a very quick trip to joannes. their simplicity patterns are 99 cents and I may pick up one "mix and match" type pattern in my daughter's size and one in mine so I can play with it through the learning process. I also self drafted a bucket hat patterns for making and selling but if they have one, I will also get that for 2 bucks and see if there is anything patriotic-ish that I love. then I am picking up a bunch of afghans and handmade quilts that I think were made by a friends husband's mom and they are letting go of-through my buy nothing group. As always I will keep what I can use via crafting or personal and then pass the rest on.

I adore, I adore, this group!

Fifteen minutes to suck down caffeiine and so on and hen I will be ready to face the world.

The forum no longer underlines for me or shows me spell corrects. I cannot figure out why that will be, it isjust recent.
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Jackie, I am the same. I really need quiet in the morning. I think that’s one reason I’m struggling so with running here and yon with DH … it’s almost always a morning appointment. Anything after about 10am I do all right with, but early ones are so hard for me. I come home discombobulated and displaced. I never used to be this way, but my diagnosis – and Covid too – changed the way I approach life. Changed my spontaneous nature.

Good morning, all. It's a nice morning, very quiet. DH is still in bed. We stayed up late last night watching a movie, The Best Years of Our Lives. I made popcorn on the stove, with salt & butter, and we watched it in our bedroom with all four of us piled onto the bed. It's such a haunting movie, seems so real to life. I'd never seen it. I think it won a bunch of Academy Awards, and rightly so. I have this weird affinity for the 1940s. I love how elegant everyone looked -- love the hats, the hair, the polished nails on the ladies, the clothes. And the music...I LOVE 1940s music - big band, the early stuff by crooners. When I lived in Cali a million years ago there was a radio station that only played stuff from the mid-40s to the mid-50s. It just seems like such a romantic time to me. Anyway, I never had my car radio on any other station. Oh--and if you haven't seen the movie and get the chance to--watch it.

Just made a big pitcher of tea. We don't drink as much as we used to (both working on drinking more water than tea), so that pitcher will last a few days. I actually divided it between two pitchers b/c I have a very hard time lifting a full pitcher on or off the top shelf in the fridge.

Our Memphis Showboats USFL team plays today at 1:30. I have a regular weekly writing session at 2pm, so I have a dilemma. I've been working very hard on edits for my book, so I may take today off and watch the 'Boats' ... maybe. I'll see how I feel later.

Wishing you all a peaceful day~
Patty
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Just wanted to stop by before I head out for the park. It's beautiful out so I'm going to go sit and read by the river. I'm going to take one of my puzzle books along with me as well.

Today is going to be one of my whatever happens days.

Not sure what I'm planning to eat; right now the menu reads pastina with peas, but I may forego that for a can of soup.

Well that's all for now. Have a nice day.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

floridacatlover wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 10:10 am Penny, I think it’s great that you have made some banking changes that will make it easier for your daughter. Quilter has recently done the same to help both her and her daughter.

I was reminded of this this morning as I wrote a check for the lawn guy and I’m still using checks from “mom’s account” (now only in my name) and the checks still have both our names. It made it so much easier for me to help her in her later years.
I was very grateful that my Mom turned all her finances over to me before dementia set in. It would have been such a financial nightmare.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

It is a beautiful Summer day here. Our kids and grandkids are having their friends over here today..(pool) for their Memorial Day get together.
They are grilling and we will all eat together. Then DH and I tiptoe out and let the "youngsters" enjoy themselves.
I got a lot done around the pool while DH was away..he opened the pool and took care of that whole process before he left.
He and DS had the most amazing time together on their trip.
Got to go take the pan of brownies out of the oven.
Have the best day!