Daily Check In May 28, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In May 28, 2023

Post by Jackielou »

Getting coffee, back in a moment or three.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In May 28, 2023

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Had to make up the baste for the brisket, and get Hubby up early to start cooking it. I am not a happy camper (Hubby says I am downright mean in the morning). I need my quiet time and I did not get that this morning!!!

I believe that I am going to be a bit grouchy all day now. This is not good at all.

Hubby and I are going to finish our setting up of the backyard and planting boxes and such today. I will head out to the garden centers this morning and pick up what we need to finish with. I will also stop by the dollar store and see what more in the way of small solar stakes I can pick up for more lighting.

Then it is home and getting to work on that last top. It's a bit more fussy than others I have made, and might take a bit longer to do. Could be touch and go on finishing all the sewing projects this month.

My list of household tasks are just to get ready for the upcoming week and month. I will need to set up my monthly menu plan, my extra cleaning tasks, and my goals for projects for the month as well as the weekly task list. First though I need to finish my coffee and put the clean dishes away. Then it is out for a walk to loosen up my stiff muscles and once home breakfast, and making the dandelion oil.

As I mentioned yesterday I got the free trial of Acorn and so will be binge watching a few shows that I can't get on my android box for some strange reason. I also by accident hit the free trial of Showcase at the same time. Could be pretty busy this month watching television. Mind you all the series on television right now are repeats so I guess I am pretty safe.

Supper tonight is the beef brisket done on the smoker, and I will make a salad to go along with it. That should be enough, along with the leftover rice, to fill us up. Considering the fussiness of the recipe I sure hope this meat tastes wonderful.

Today I am grateful that the sun is shining once again, even if that means me watering plants by hand once again.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,

Jackie, I have never done brisket on anything but my roaster....low and slow. I bet yours turns out wonderful.
I slept well and was up at a decent time. Getting the stuff done before doing the cemetery visits.
I love doing it but it always makes me emotional.
No real plans today will just play it as it comes.
JCKitty
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, Jackie and all. Today is our last very cool day, according to the weather forecast. Memorial Day is the unofficial start of summer and the forecast seems to be cooperating.

Today I have some baking to do. DS asked for cupcakes for his birthday, which is tomorrow. He's been working on losing some weight and cupcakes do help with portion control.

Right now I am enjoying coffee with my snoozing pups, but must get going in a few minutes. Hope you all have a good and peaceful day.
Mackie
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I woke up about 6:30 this morning. I have showered and dressed. Breakfast was Oatmeal with nuts.

I have a white wash in the dryer. Only one wash load today. But I have a couple to fold and put away.

Penny
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

itspennyc wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 9:56 am I woke up about 6:30 this morning. I have showered and dressed. Breakfast was Oatmeal with nuts.

I have a white wash in the dryer. Only one wash load today. But I have a couple to fold and put away.

Penny
Penny, I think it’s great that you have made some banking changes that will make it easier for your daughter. Quilter has recently done the same to help both her and her daughter.

I was reminded of this this morning as I wrote a check for the lawn guy and I’m still using checks from “mom’s account” (now only in my name) and the checks still have both our names. It made it so much easier for me to help her in her later years.