Daily Check-In May 29, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
casadekitty

Re: Daily Check-In May 29, 2023

Post by casadekitty »

Update:

Clem I have what I call house pants, PJ pants that if I don't have to go anywhere, I will stay in most of the day. Unlike others I will not go into town or a store with them on.
Have had a slow, mellow day complete with a nap. It was great.
My chickens seemed to enjoy their new enclosure.

Haven't had to turn on the AC yet, hoping to put it off as long as possible. But when the humidity goes up it will go on. With my overhead fans and open windows it stays very nice in here.

"Lazy tuna salad" for supper with pickled beets on the side. Holiday weekend is over, back to real life tomorrow. Even being retired I feel a bit of let-down when a holiday is over, weird but true. :roll:

I have the cars AC appointment on Wednesday so will do errands afterwards. I need to prep some salads and boil some eggs. I will need some fruit and more salad stuff by the end of the week. Hoping someone will have some good strawberries on sale. They are so good in my smoothies.

JCKitty
Mrscreative2

Post by Mrscreative2 »

floridacatlover wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 12:00 pm I don’t know if you’ll like it, but I really enjoyed Shrinking about therapists including Harrison Ford. The whole cast was great and it made me laugh, 10 episodes. I also watched Still about Michael J Fox’s career and his battle with Parkinson’s disease. Hard to see him struggling but it was interesting. I’m now watching season 3 of Ted Lasso.
Thanks so much for your recommendations! I have always admired Michael J Fox so will watch that one first.

Creative
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

floridacatlover wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 6:04 pm I’m glad that your ring turned out so beautifully!

So what about the election in Alberta today? Will wacko Danielle Smith win? I hope not. I’ll be watching the CBC website tonight. I guess that Alberta is on Mountain time so two hours behind my time.
Ugh! Alberta is a bunch of fake cowboys all trying to be more cowboy than the next person, that goes for female cowboys too!

Danielle Smith has really pooched the province of Alberta. She has sent almost all orthopedic surgeries for knee, hip, ankle replacements to private clinics and is selling that baloney to her crowd of fake cowboys. The only thing is that the cost is way up and the amount of surgeries has gone down to 64% of pre-privatization. Some fiscal good work there, huh?

I am hoping that Rachel Notley gets another chance, just like Jackie and her DS. Unfortunately, since her last time in office, Alberta went off on the crazy train of Fake Trucker Convoys and lies about the Pandemic and all things stupid related to it. The fake cowboys are now so pissed off with all things NOT conservative that they'd elect a tuberculin cow to be their premier before Notley. I'm not feeling optimistic at all. Sadly.

I guess we will find out!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 12:06 am Ugh! Alberta is a bunch of fake cowboys all trying to be more cowboy than the next person, that goes for female cowboys too!

Danielle Smith has really pooched the province of Alberta. She has sent almost all orthopedic surgeries for knee, hip, ankle replacements to private clinics and is selling that baloney to her crowd of fake cowboys. The only thing is that the cost is way up and the amount of surgeries has gone down to 64% of pre-privatization. Some fiscal good work there, huh?

I am hoping that Rachel Notley gets another chance, just like Jackie and her DS. Unfortunately, since her last time in office, Alberta went off on the crazy train of Fake Trucker Convoys and lies about the Pandemic and all things stupid related to it. The fake cowboys are now so pissed off with all things NOT conservative that they'd elect a tuberculin cow to be their premier before Notley. I'm not feeling optimistic at all. Sadly.

I guess we will find out!

MJ
So Alberta went over to the dark side. Just like Florida.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

floridacatlover wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 12:12 pm So Alberta went over to the dark side. Just like Florida.
Yup. The oil and gas types don't give a hot damn for anyone or anything that won't make them money or keep them from paying taxes to keep up their schools, roads or anything that would mean they are actually participating as citizens of a civil society. So basically? Florida times Texas but in Canada.

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.