Daily Check-In May 29, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Prairie Waif2

Re: Daily Check-In May 29, 2023

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Update:

Just got back from getting my ring, gas and groceries.

Holy Smoley! When David brought the ring out at Reesor's I was gobsmacked by how gorgeous it is now that it is all cleaned and shined up!! It's absolutely gorgeous! And NOW **I** finally have an heirloom piece to pass on once I croak! I'm pretty certain I'll leave it to my niece Liz, the Lawyer in Des Moines. She would honor it and love it too.

After the jewelry store, my gas light went on so I went to Co-op and got some gas. It is right there with the Co-op grocery store so I just popped in there to get the few things I needed. As I was putting the cart back inside the store, the heavens opened up and started POURING!! Boy was I happy for that! I did wait a wee bit to go out and get in the vehicle. When I got home? It was raining so much the windshield wipers could barely keep up. I got home and did wait in the van until it stopped briefly. I was still a drown rat when I got inside though, even the hair! I had to take off the soaked clothes and get in dry stuff.

Supper tonight? I got the fixin's for soup (I forgot I needed a red onion and a red pepper along with the broth) but I think it will be a couple of small pork loins with some peas and apricots for dessert. I got the apricots and some peaches when I went to Dollar Tree the other day.

I'm going to wait for my hair to dry off and then get the dishwasher unloaded and do some hand dishes and then supper.

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Oh! Here is a laugh------>

As I got into the Jewelry Store at the mall, I must have looked pretty bad! I was dealing with David when a female co-worker came over to ask me if I was okay and did I need a glass of water? YIKES! I knew the hair was bad but. . .

LOL
Hope has a good imagination.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I told my family that I might have a pajama week! :mrgreen:

One uptight sister not happy. Another one said - she goes to the drive thru in her housecoat! I forgot all about those. My mom had them. Good idea. Very comfy.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 5:15 pm Oh! Here is a laugh------>

As I got into the Jewelry Store at the mall, I must have looked pretty bad! I was dealing with David when a female co-worker came over to ask me if I was okay and did I need a glass of water? YIKES! I knew the hair was bad but. . .

LOL
I’m glad that your ring turned out so beautifully!

So what about the election in Alberta today? Will wacko Danielle Smith win? I hope not. I’ll be watching the CBC website tonight. I guess that Alberta is on Mountain time so two hours behind my time.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

floridacatlover wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 6:04 pm I’m glad that your ring turned out so beautifully!

So what about the election in Alberta today? Will wacko Danielle Smith win? I hope not. I’ll be watching the CBC website tonight. I guess that Alberta is on Mountain time so two hours behind my time.
All of us here in the immediate family are hoping that Rachel gets another go. Things are tight though and our eldest son is driving all those he knows to the polling station in his town (though it will probably go to the UPC). Crazy Danielle just might get in, but not with a majority we hope. If she does that will just encourage our Sask Party to follow everything she does. Scary.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

The sky gets black and then the rain clouds disappear. I did pull some of the heavier items off the line and put them in the dryer. They sure did not take long to dry. I left the other items on the line, but they were all light.

I got my top sewn, except for the hook and eye closure on the back. I will do that first thing tomorrow morning. I have pulled out the instructions for the robe for Hubby, and I hope to get that done over the next few days.

As I sewed I finished watching Mystery Road-Origins, and have now started Missing Angel. This one is a French show.

Dandelion oil is started and I am definitely going to make it into a salve. So much easier to apply. I do have all the ingredients and little jars to put it in. I may make lemon sugar scrub at the same time.

Hubby and I moved the planter this morning, and tomorrow I will get him the petunias he wants as I have to drop something off at the church as well. Still combining errands where I can.

Off to brown the diced chicken breasts for the Butter Chicken after catching up with the forum.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/