Check-in May 30, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Check-in May 30, 2023

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Nice morning here. We had quite a rainstorm yesterday. I am sure my tomatoes enjoyed it. It is nice and cool.

I slept okay - would wake up off and on. One time at 3 I noticed Sparrow was just sitting up. I put him on the bed, but he wouldn't sleep. Then I realized he probably had to go out. He didn't go on the last trip with the others. Thank goodness the COD was up and he took him outside. He came back in and went right to bed.

I had weird dreams all night. Not sure of what I will do today. I know it won't be another pajama day - darn! Oh well.

Have a great day all.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

iPad is acting wonky. My post disappeared so I’ll post when I get home.

Have a good day.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Having a late starting day. It's nine thirty and I am still in bed (albeit awake and with my laptop, obviously)

WE will have high eighties all week and probably go back to ninety next week. I have not hit the pool yet. I think I will walk to the pool this afternoon and see if the other afternoonies are starting to go yet, and what the temperautre is.

Not making bible stories class today and we are reading the book of Ruth. with my late arising nature I make the eleven class about half the time, lol. I will go and fill the little pantry later on as today is my day.

Once I become mobile (who knows when that will be) I need to put out the trash, run a load of clothes and see what else is an absolute necessity today.

Not sure what projects I will do today.

Definitely am missing early walking time so will work out inside.

back after my morning routine and fully awake.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

casadekitty wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 9:10 am Hello all,
MJ,I have had nights like that....it sucks. Just a thought but are you able to store water in milk jugs for flushing?

I have been up, early for me also but I think I got good sleep. :? Chickens are taken care of and I have a load of laundry going.
I also have a call into my repair company.....at dads house DD tried to plug something in an outlet in her bedroom and it threw the breaker and sparks. So I told her to turn the breaker off and now we wait for an electrician. I have replaced outlets before but the possible replacement of a breaker is above Kitty's pay grade :? I will have them replace the mega furnace filter at the same time. I feel like I am hemorrhaging money but what can you do?????

We are predicted to have high temps ..90.... by the end of the week.
Doing the regular house chores today, thawing pork tenderloins for supper, probably will throw on the Foreman as opposed to breading and frying.
Off to hang laundry and get started again.

JCKitty
Kitty,

I don't drink milk in jugs. The milk I get at the soup kitchen is all in cardboard containers. I DO have a couple of ice cream pails that I can use. I have a big blue camping water jug too. I will fill that up to put in the bathroom and the ice cream pails filled with water will go into the Kitchen.

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, frugal friends. I slept in a bit. The dogs and I have had all our meds and Rosie Dog is trying to find a comfortable spot. Poor little bean. That new arthritis shot for dogs can't get here fast enough.

Today I have an annual physical with my family doc, but he emailed that he's out sick and gave me the option of canceling and rescheduling. Will probably keep the appointment, mainly because of having had all the blood tests for it and the bum shoulder needs to be looked at, although it's always kind of rocky dealing with a different doctor.

Not much else is planned for the day: a little sewing, a little baking, and I need to give the dogs a bath now that the weather has warmed up. Goldie Dog has the slightly dry skin typical of her Eskimo spitz parent and is due for a nice conditioning treatment.

Hope you all have a good and peaceful day.
Mackie
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

We've been having really beautiful weather these past few days. It's going to be sunny and in the low 70s. I ran some errands earlier and have to go out a little bit later. Hope I can sneak some more time outdoors in.

I need to make another trip to the senior center today to make sure I get my name on the list for the July summer activities. I spoke to the woman who was organizing it but not sure she did.

I made a list of things I want to get done before my sister comes up on Friday. I've broken the tasks down for these next 3 days.

For tonight I'll roast a chicken thigh in my air fryer and cook the last ear of corn I bought. Will probably add string beans also.

Well that's all for now. Have a nice day.