Daily Check In May 31, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Prairie Waif2

Re: Daily Check In May 31, 2023

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Well, I don't know if I should be REALLY miffed of sad. At the moment? I am REALLY miffed. REALLY miffed.

My older sister and hubby, Amy and Jim, had a 40th Anniversary party on the weekend. I knew it was their anniversary and sent wishes for a happy anniversary on Facebook. I'd heard her kids were going to be there so also said I hope it is a good party!

WELL! I just left Facebook and looking at 79 photos of "the party" of about 100 guests. Who were the guests? EVERYONE. Cousins from Illinois, Texas, ND, CANADA and many different states. My little sister, Ellen's kids were there but she was working. WELL. I didn't get an invitation. I got TOLD about it Sunday night after it was all over. Aunts and Uncles from Canada too. Right here from Manitoba, Winnipeg. 2 hours away from me. They were all there. Unless she invited them all by Facebook Messenger, I did NOT even receive and invitation. Am I so awful that I don't even merit an invitation?? Well, there goes my idea of getting them a lovely ornament I'd seen to send as a 40th Anniversary present. It might not be "the bigger thing to do" but then again, after 60 years of stuff like this, I am TIRED of being "the bigger person." When do they have to do that?!!

On top of that? I won't even get to recover with my beloved, little Franki Boi this weekend as his Mum and Dad decided to just make it a day trip instead of the weekend. My heart is broken! </3 BUT then later she came back and asked if I could hang out with my boy for a bit on Friday Afternoon. I am more than up for that! That will help me out some. . .

I'm so upset I had to beat on something so I got out the eggs and milk and beat up the custard for bread pudding. AUGH! I'm just letting the bread soak in the custard a bit and then put it in the oven.

I'm just so upset. I didn't think SHE would behave like this but then again, Nori ("mother") has her influences over them all still. UGH

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

MJ, I am so sorry. You are always such a good sister to her, even though the distance is great.(((Hugs)))

Quilter, that is fascinating about the antibody study. I love how you keep us up to date on medical stuff.

Sandi, so sorry about the Beast's toenail. My Goldie Dog has had a few of those bloody ripped off nail trips to the vet office because she runs like the wind and then suddenly whips a sharp turn.

PT kicked my behind a little less hard today. The therapist thinks I am very close to graduating from the leg stuff. Just have to see if I get a referral for my back.

Tomorrow I need to do one of my trips to pick up trash at the entrances to the neighborhood. I will throw the clippers in the car and trim up around the pillars there before they get completely overgrown.
Mackie
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 4:08 pm Well, I don't know if I should be REALLY miffed of sad. At the moment? I am REALLY miffed. REALLY miffed.

My older sister and hubby, Amy and Jim, had a 40th Anniversary party on the weekend. I knew it was their anniversary and sent wishes for a happy anniversary on Facebook. I'd heard her kids were going to be there so also said I hope it is a good party!

WELL! I just left Facebook and looking at 79 photos of "the party" of about 100 guests. Who were the guests? EVERYONE. Cousins from Illinois, Texas, ND, CANADA and many different states. My little sister, Ellen's kids were there but she was working. WELL. I didn't get an invitation. I got TOLD about it Sunday night after it was all over. Aunts and Uncles from Canada too. Right here from Manitoba, Winnipeg. 2 hours away from me. They were all there. Unless she invited them all by Facebook Messenger, I did NOT even receive and invitation. Am I so awful that I don't even merit an invitation?? Well, there goes my idea of getting them a lovely ornament I'd seen to send as a 40th Anniversary present. It might not be "the bigger thing to do" but then again, after 60 years of stuff like this, I am TIRED of being "the bigger person." When do they have to do that?!!

On top of that? I won't even get to recover with my beloved, little Franki Boi this weekend as his Mum and Dad decided to just make it a day trip instead of the weekend. My heart is broken! </3 BUT then later she came back and asked if I could hang out with my boy for a bit on Friday Afternoon. I am more than up for that! That will help me out some. . .

I'm so upset I had to beat on something so I got out the eggs and milk and beat up the custard for bread pudding. AUGH! I'm just letting the bread soak in the custard a bit and then put it in the oven.

I'm just so upset. I didn't think SHE would behave like this but then again, Nori ("mother") has her influences over them all still. UGH

MJ
Oh MJ,
I am so sorry your are hurting from the actions of your sister. I easily get offended about being left out of stuff. I recently learned that it is a hallmark of ADHD, which I was diagnosed with at the age of 4. And my divorce and then Covid several years later exacerbated with the loss of my life's routine. But anyway, the feelings suck!
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Update:

Oh (((( MJ)))) that was a truly crappy thing for them to do. I don't do any social media so maybe this is out of line.....maybe don't read their stuff anymore??? Just know too that you are not the only one this happens too, but I know how isolating it can feel. It was a very tacky move on their part.
It does make me wonder if anyone asked where you were? and the answer given....

I took a nap and feel so much better but honestly haven't done much this afternoon. Just not feeling it. :roll:
Tomorrow I have electrician coming to dads house to sort out the breaker/outlet issue and I also have one of my "little buddy's" is coming to take away some stuff to sell/metal scrap. Hopefully when all of this is done it will be smoother sailing for Kitty!
It is 89 degrees and humid, we really need rain. The dust rolling off the fields and roads is unbelievable.
May read the rest of the evening.

JCKitty
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 4:08 pm Well, I don't know if I should be REALLY miffed of sad. At the moment? I am REALLY miffed. REALLY miffed.

MJ
So sorry MJ. I know exactly where you are coming from as you know, only in my case it is Hubby's side of the family that causes me heartache.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Well household tasks were completed lickity split this morning and then it was off for coffee, back home and off to get plants for Hubby. My goodness the plants are starting to look rather bedraggled. But I did manage to get what he wanted and he got them into the planter.

It has been dark here since noon and has been raining off and on for the past few hours. Hopefully enough to fill the rain barrel once again. The only problem I had was while sewing as the light was pretty awful. I did get the sleeves in, the back and front sewn together and all the seams finished. I have stopped for now, but may do the tie belt a bit later and the bindings around the sides and neck will need to wait a bit. Probably get them done tomorrow after entering all the expenses for this month and doing my filing of paperwork.

Right now it started pouring again. Hopefully it does not last too long as we don't want things to drown.

Off to check out some blogs and then get supper started. I may watch a couple of You Tube videos as well.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/