Daily Check In May 31, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In May 31, 2023

Post by Jackielou »

Just getting us started. I will be back in a few minutes. I definitely need coffee if I want to get the fingers moving correctly.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In May 31, 2023

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,
The sky is slightly overcast today so there is a chance we will receive a bit more rain. Yesterday we only got 1/10 th of an inch and we could use much more than that, so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

My poor neighbours in one of my neighbouring provinces were less than 24 hours into Ms Crazy being Premier and she is already talking about getting rid of the RCMP again. Says that most if not all municipalities are asking for this. Of course that isn't true and most municipalities are calling her on it.... She lives in her own reality. When being questioned on one of our news programmes DS would not answer one question no matter how often or many times the question was re-worded. Here is hoping that some of the more moderate UCP members cross the floor and cut down her government. The crazy lady wants to set up a committee of failed UCP members in the city of Edmonton to advise her of what Edmonton wants.... They don't want the UCP so why not ask the elected members what their city wants or needs. It was the rural vote that won the election for her plus the ridings in Calgary (many of which are undergoing a re-count as they were so close).

Frugally speaking if spending occurs today it will just be on some flowers for Hubby, and perhaps some soil so I can do a bit of planting against the house wall (in containers of course) as it looks so very bare there now. Plants will be starting to go on sale and soil for one or two planters shouldn't cost a fortune. Lighting may wait for another day, probably next week when I do my regular trip. Those will be purchased either at the Dollar Store or Walmart. I head for the cheap section as if they only last a year the cost doesn't seem to hurt as much.

I will also head out for a bit of a walk this morning. Trying to up my step count a bit.

This afternoon I plan on finishing off the third season of The Summerdahl Murders and starting the next series on Acorn that I want to get finished or at least start watching. Hopefully finishing Hubby's robe or at least getting it done to the hemming step while doing so.

I will also be watering some of the plants that are under the eaves and do not get any rain. I will of course be using water from the rain barrel. Hopefully it has been replenished a little bit. I am also thinking of trimming the grass away from the fruit trees. The weed trimmer hurts the bark so I need to get out with my scissors and do it.

Supper tonight is going to be leftovers for the most part. We will clear out the Butter Chicken and leftover salad. I may make egg noodles instead of rice for a bit of a change. Then I cut up all the strawberries and made some whipped cream last night so that will be for dessert. Just a slight change in menu plans as I will be using the frozen brisket up a bit later and not today or tomorrow (probably Saturday).

Today I am grateful for my Moonflowers peaking through the soil. I direct seeded them into the planter and kept my fingers crossed. So far so good.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Mrscreative2

Post by Mrscreative2 »

Good morning beautiful people,

It’s pouring rain right now and we have a thunderstorm. Apparently it’s just supposed to be a cloud burst. I have Walking Club today at 9:30 but I’m holding off leaving the house for a bit. I can get there in 15 minutes. I haven’t heard from the coordinator but if it’s canceled that’s fine. I have a couple of errands on my list. Still need to get a spiky plant to put in the middle of the barrel, some kale or spinach starters ( if I can’t find them I will just settle for seeds, pick up the watering can Dh put on hold from Home Hardware and go to Bulk Barn to use my $5 off $20 purchase. There’s plenty of green space around where I live and it was about a mile away where I got my first shot of a black bear.

Dh was planning on golfing a little later. I made him his lunch so I hope it clears up for him. He doesn’t always adjust well to changes in his plans and the golfing season is already so short as it is.

My appointment with the physiotherapist went very well. I had a soft tissue massage, stretching session and reassessment of my leg strength . According to the PT, my recovery has been “miraculous “, his words not mine and I will only require two more sessions. I’m just trying hard not to overdo and reinsure my back. I never want to have another episode of sciatica like that!

I’m following Floridacatlover’s lead and using up food we have in the house. Dh isn’t too happy that we don’t have everything required for our nutritional smoothie but we have greens that we can eat rather than drink. We’re out of organic lemons for the smoothie. He’s also unhappy that we’re out of frozen wild blueberries but we have frozen blackberries. I am going tomorrow. Dd2 brought back some food she had at the office which boosted my food supply. She’s off to a work related conference out of town for a few days. I’m happy she has the foresight to not waste food. I also watched a Frugal Queen YouTube video which motivated me. I plan to bake some banana walnut muffins which will clear the overripe bananas from the freezer and hopefully cheer up disgruntled Dh.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Another nice cool morning here in south texas.

I slept well and got up at 7. Can't believe it is already Wednesday.

My plan for today is to pay the monthly bills. We got paid yesterday so might as well. That will be my main task for today!

Hope all have a great day.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Another nice spring day here.

Have already done my household routine and my laundry a few days early. Have to work on the exercising yet.

Today no special plans. Will take it as it comes.

Tonight's dinner is a burger and vegetable sides.

Well that's it for now. Have a great day.
icfrugal2

Post by icfrugal2 »

good morning,

Going to Kaiser, DH needs some blood work and picking up an RX for him

The wheelchair is in the car.

Then to Costco for gas

I hope to be home before noon

IC