Daily Check In June 1, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily Check In June 1, 2023

Post by ChristmasTrees »

itspennyc wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:51 pm I am tired I woke up about 6:30 this morning. But compared to yesterday doing much better.

I have had a busy morning, I did a dress wash, the dresses are hanging in the bathroom. I baked my Birthday cake. I used a Duncan Hines Easy cake kit.

I went down to get my mail that I was too tired to do yesterday. While I was down there I looked at my compressor. Mine is now the only original one there.

Penny
Happy Birthday Penny!!!!!!
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

HappyDaze wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:43 am Good morning, all. Where did May go???

I woke up very early in the 3:00 hour, thought from the birds singing and traffic that it must be at least 5:00 - nope.

Well, they finally got back to me about that job - I did not get it. They called yesterday. They said 11 people applied, they interviewed 5, and I was in the TOP TWO but they went with the other candidate. They said my interview was "fabulous" - and it was a difficult decision.

If that piece of news was supposed to make me feel "better" - it did not. Then they asked if I am available to substitute in the position when the candidate they selected is sick, on vacation, etc. I nicely said no, I need to have consistent, steady hours for the time being.

Back to the drawing board. I feel grateful that I have a good job and this isn't something that has to happen quickly.

Coffee is tasting amazing this morning so I'm off to enjoy that while I check email, etc. I hope you all have a very good day!!
Coming in late here. Sorry about the job..but honestly? You might be very lucky you didn't get it.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Jackie..just peeked at your deck! You have been busy!!!!!
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Seconding the cheers for Jackie's deck. Everything is so tidy and the plants are beautiful.
Mackie
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Update:

Jackie, I looked at the pictures of your deck, very nice!

Oy vey what a day!!!!
Electrical issue and furnace filters changed and fixed, junk metal hauled off and then DD2 called, as she was coming home from work, her front car tire popped as she was going over RR tracks. She was able to pull into a large church parking lot and DD1 went to pick her up.
Son in law is going to go change the tire either after work tonight or early tomorrow AM...
I picked up both DD's after everyone got home because they had planned to look for dresses for the upcoming wedding. DD1 found one, DD2 found one she liked but needs a medium and they only had large, so the girl said they were still putting stuff out and DD will check back either tomorrow or Saturday.

I haven't shopped in a "real" store in years....lots of pretty things but so pricy. I am used to thrift store prices.
Tomorrow is book work and house chores. I am tired and hope I sleep good tonight.

JCKitty
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Jackie, I also took a gander at your deck and yard. Everything looks lovely!!

MJ, I had not heard that but I can believe it. but I am not hot at 75 and usually keep things at 77 or so.

Sandy, I have among all my other chronic illnesses, hashimoto's. So yea my thuroid is an ever blessed mess. it cause exhaustion, I'm supposed to increase protein because of it and who knows what else.

I have gotten emails from many people who want me to revisit my blog in the old days in its two to three times a week form. I will be meditating on this.