Daily Check-In, June 2, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Re: Daily Check-In, June 2, 2023

Post by HappyDaze »

So I'm sitting here minding my own, facing the big picture window in my kitchen. I look up to see a man walking down my driveway, away from the house. He must have cut through my woods that connect my back lawn to the back lawns on the next street over - NOT OKAY.

I am certain he didn't mean any harm - nothing was disturbed, he didn't come near the house, was clearly "just passing through" - he wasn't even detected by any of the dogs, which he would have been if he was out there hanging around - but I still don't like it. I am going to put up some "posted" and "no trespassing" signs - just to do my due diligence.

The man was wearing a backpack as so many people around here do - we get a lot of transient and homeless people put up in local hotels by social services and passing through from one town to the next - it is a bad situation.

I am dog sitting while DD and her SO attend my niece's rehearsal dinner and help set up for the wedding tomorrow. I am very glad I passed on the last minute invitation. I need run out for dog treats - I'm out and that's not okay with Hope, Lucy, Roscoe, or Gypsy.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

HappyDaze wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:44 pm Clem, I am not a spontaneous person either - so far from it. I need as much notice as possible. Today we got a last minute invitation to my niece's rehearsal dinner and to stay after and help set up for the wedding tomorrow. DD and her SO thought it was great and went. I said NO WAY...I do not do last minute stuff like that.
Glad I am not the only one. I should probably let them know. !
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

clemencia2us wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:13 pm Glad I am not the only one. I should probably let them know. !
I do not dislike people but being with others does not energize me - it does the opposite and leaves me completely drained. I need to know in advance: who, when, where, why, and for how long.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

HappyDaze wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:22 pm I do not dislike people but being with others does not energize me - it does the opposite and leaves me completely drained. I need to know in advance: who, when, where, why, and for how long.
Ditto! And, have my own method of "escape" - I get there, and I get back, in my own vehicle. I don't ride with other folks (DH and the kids, sure, but not other people) so I can leave when I need to leave, not wait 'til someone else wants to leave.

Which, I'll grant you, can be hard with DH and the kids. Not so much DS because he's an introvert, too, but DH is an extrovert and DD an ambivert.

Sometimes I'll take a 2nd car if we have a long day planned, so I can come home and let the dog out... and sometimes I forget to go back ;)
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

SandiSAHM wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:32 pm Ditto! And, have my own method of "escape" - I get there, and I get back, in my own vehicle. I don't ride with other folks (DH and the kids, sure, but not other people) so I can leave when I need to leave, not wait 'til someone else wants to leave.

Which, I'll grant you, can be hard with DH and the kids. Not so much DS because he's an introvert, too, but DH is an extrovert and DD an ambivert.

Sometimes I'll take a 2nd car if we have a long day planned, so I can come home and let the dog out... and sometimes I forget to go back ;)
Exactly why I'm driving to the wedding separately from DD and her SO tomorrow. And the dogs will be my reason for not staying too long. I'm glad to know that others understand.

Charles M. Schultz
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

clemencia2us wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:22 amThank you!
Happy Birthday!!!