Daily Check-In, June 2, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Daily Check-In, June 2, 2023

Post by floridacatlover »

Starting us off.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check-In, June 2, 2023

Good morning friends.

It is sunny this morning but the rain is supposed to start around 1 p.m. We only got a small amount yesterday.

This morning I’ll go to Walmart for a few things, then to the library to pick up a book I ordered awhile ago that is finally here. I’ll stop at mom’s house and may try to cut a big branch from the ligustrum tree in shady glen. I’m not sure I can do it. My good saw is not as sharp as it could be and also the saw is not designed to cut thick branches. But I’ll try.

Congratulations to an 8th grader in my area, Dev Shah, who last night won the Scripps Spelling Bee. Now I wish I had watched.

I started going through my jewelry yesterday and will continue today. I am not at all a jewelry person but still have a lot of costume jewelry and I’ve decided to really clear it out instead of a piece or two at a time.

Yesterday I spoke with my cousin in RI. They are planning to be here for a few days mid-month. It will be great to see them. Thinking of their house makes me want to declutter more. It is a lovely home and well organized but they have SO much stuff. I was thinking of my cousin’s jewelry in a large standing chest. Every surface (end table, chest, wall) is covered with what my mom would call Knick-knacks. They jokingly say their kids will have a big job when they are gone. I’ve started reading the Swedish Death Cleaning book and it’s good.

Have a good day.
floridacatlover

Happy Birthday, Clem!
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

floridacatlover wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:16 am Happy Birthday, Clem!
Thank you!
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Happy Birthday Clem.

It is overcast today and (I stuck my head out the door to check) really muggy. Could actually get another storm sometime today as is being forecast.

I will probably only water the plants sitting under the eaves and give the back deck a sweep this morning. If it doesn't rain I will water the other plants a bit later. I took a good look at the seating arrangement on the deck and will likely move a chair around a bit. My hanging egg chair is too close to some pots so I will move it slightly to the south on the deck.

Hubby says no plants on the cement patio, so I will consider other methods of making it look less bare. Probably a bit more costly than plants, that's for sure and he will only have himself to blame. Mind you I will wait until the prices of outdoor furniture drop a bit....probably late July and I manage to save a bit more out of my allowance.

I don't have many tasks for today just dusting, vacuuming, tidy the living room, weed the side and the few plants around the firepit, and water the plants outside. I will then finish sewing the robe (just a couple of days past when I was hoping to get it completed). Once that is done it is mitt knitting time once again and I can do that sitting outside enjoying the fresh air.

Frugal happenings will be as usual. I really need to stick with the using things up and in quick order as well. The veggies left from the small sausage casserole have been placed in a container in the fridge, Hubby says he will eat them for lunch today as there is no meat left in and Friday around here is a no meat day (well unless I just don't want to cook anything). I will have the remaining noodles with some cheese for my lunch.

Supper tonight will be Walleye fillets and a tossed salad.

Today I am grateful for the peace of the morning.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Happy Birthday Creative.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/