Daily Check-In, June 2, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check-In, June 2, 2023

Post by clemencia2us »

HappyDaze wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:37 pm Exactly why I'm driving to the wedding separately from DD and her SO tomorrow. And the dogs will be my reason for not staying too long. I'm glad to know that others understand.
I don't mind riding with others, I just want to know about the "event" ahead of time.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Mrscreative2 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:35 am Good morning beautiful people,

Happy Birthday Clem - what do you know? We’re birthday twins! Thanks to all for your birthday greetings. It truly made my day!! Especially yours MJ - so special and heartwarming.

It’s a beautiful sunny warm day so I went for a very long walk. I picked up a croissant from Tim Horton’s to enjoy with my salad for lunch today. Dd2 returned from her out of town trip last evening and took some lieu time off for today. She said that she has something special planned for me this afternoon. What that is exactly I’m not sure!

Dh has gone golfing. I am not cooking anything for dinner, kind of hoping someone else can cook or pick something up. If not there’s plenty of food in the fridge that can be reheated.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative
Happy Birthday!!!
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

update:

I have had a very non-productive day. And I pretty much don't care LOL. I got the house chores done, watered outside and took care of my dog . But very little of the "extras" got done.

Sheila, Clem and others. I hate surprises, visits, invites on the spur of the moment, quick invitations etc. I am just not a spontaneous person. I also take my own car to most things, and I am notorious for just slipping out of a gathering as unnoticed as possible. If I have to go somewhere I like open houses where you can slip in and get out quickly. Family reunions as a child were okay but torture when I got older. So many people up in everyone's business!!!

Deluxe pizza sandwich for supper with salad, I am stuffed!
Off to clean the kitchen and then relax some more....
JCKitty
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

late coming in..as usual!
Around four o'clock we had a wicked storm here. Thunder...pouring rain. And then..DH and I could hear something big coming over the mountain. Huge wind and HAIL. It was sideways. That lasted a good twenty minutes. The hail was the size of small marbles. I was so afraid a window was going to shatter. Then I was so afraid our cars were getting dented. It was truly ferocious.
Our cars are okay. My plants got hammered and I heard a tree fall in the woods. The wind was uptown 60 MPH.
We couldn't believe how long it lasted!
More storms heading our way..but no hail warnings.
It went from 90 degrees to 65 degrees in 45 minutes.
What an afternoon.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

The wind was up to 60 MPH.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:01 pm late coming in..as usual!
Around four o'clock we had a wicked storm here. Thunder...pouring rain. And then..DH and I could hear something big coming over the mountain. Huge wind and HAIL. It was sideways. That lasted a good twenty minutes. The hail was the size of small marbles. I was so afraid a window was going to shatter. Then I was so afraid our cars were getting dented. It was truly ferocious.
Our cars are okay. My plants got hammered and I heard a tree fall in the woods. The wind was uptown 60 MPH.
We couldn't believe how long it lasted!
More storms heading our way..but no hail warnings.
It went from 90 degrees to 65 degrees in 45 minutes.
What an afternoon.
omg - so scary.