Daily Check-In, June 2, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Re: Daily Check-In, June 2, 2023

Post by HappyDaze »

itspennyc wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:30 am When I put out my trash this morning the open door slammed into my back with the handle hitting me there. I used an icepack one and will do it again.

My H-E-B order came at 8:30 they called to make sure it was OK. I said sure. So this gave me the chance to go up to the office. My A/C is still chugging along. On the way home I met the Maintenance man he said that if he didn’t get the replacement one in before the weekend he would bring over the portable unit.

I didn’t order any food that would require me to use the oven.

I took advantage of the coupon for produce and ordered Sugar Snap peas and the vegetable tray with dressing. So I have lots of healthy munchy food.

Penny
Penny, I hope your back is okay, please take care.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Back from PT, where I pretty much graduated today. They retested my leg strength and balance and it's very nearly normal. I will start PT next for my back, and sent a message and phone call to get that lined up.

I finished some sewing this morning and am doing DH's laundry. He really needs some new jeans: there are holes to sew up every time they come out of the dryer.
Mackie
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Well I still have too much jewelry but I decluttered a lot. I have the decluttered jewelry divided and labeled in bags of pierced earrings, clip earrings (from mom) and several bags of necklaces and have put it all in my donation bag.

I finally resubscribed to the Washington Post today when they offered .99/month. Their previous offers had been $40/year or .99/week.
Last edited by floridacatlover on Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Okay have to post a birthday vent - :mrgreen:

I have gotten two invitations TODAY to go out to eat.

Hello people - I like an advance notice of several days. I am not a spontaneous person usually.

Thank goodness my SIL set up our breakfast and pedicure a couple of days ago. So I can think about what I will wear etc.

Vent over and yes I am laughing about it.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

We are once again under a severe thunderstorm watch (seems like this is happening every day lately). The sky is a bit dark to the southwest of us and if we do get a storm I am hoping it is just rain and wind. The hail can stay far away.

All household tasks are completed and I even finished Hubby's robe!!! Since I did that I started washing winter coats and those are hanging up downstairs. Tomorrow I am going to wash some of the lighter coats in the closet, everything is pretty dusty in there.

The salad is made for supper tonight (hopefully enough leftover for tomorrow as well). Now I am having a break before I start knitting on the blanket. Tomorrow I start working on the mitts during the afternoons. I think I just might finish a few more of the projects this year than the past months. I am trying to keep the list down to 10 or less and only have a couple of bigger projects.

Off to read the forum and make a blog post. Thanks for all the great comments about the deck. Now if I can just get the perennial bed looking good.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

clemencia2us wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:17 pm Okay have to post a birthday vent - :mrgreen:

I have gotten two invitations TODAY to go out to eat.

Hello people - I like an advance notice of several days. I am not a spontaneous person usually.

Thank goodness my SIL set up our breakfast and pedicure a couple of days ago. So I can think about what I will wear etc.

Vent over and yes I am laughing about it.
Clem, I am not a spontaneous person either - so far from it. I need as much notice as possible. Today we got a last minute invitation to my niece's rehearsal dinner and to stay after and help set up for the wedding tomorrow. DD and her SO thought it was great and went. I said NO WAY...I do not do last minute stuff like that.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz