Daily Check In June 3, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
HappyDaze

Re: Daily Check In June 3, 2023

Post by HappyDaze »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:56 pm YIKES!!!

What divine intervention put you both at Family Dollar at the same time.

Your sister is a real piece of work. She was setting you up for some reason (well, it can be inferred can't it?). I am so sorry this happened to you. You had explained why you were taking two vehicle and now? Caput.

UGH!

I sure hope it works out okay and your parents, "behave."

I'll be thinking of you. What they did is just AWFUL. I can't even believe it but then again. . .ya know?

MJ
I would call the day a success, MJ. I had to shush my mother twice during the ceremony - once when they said the groom's uncle was coming up to make some remarks and she said "well I hope they're brief" and the people in front of us turned around and looked to see who said it. I was mortified. The second time was when she said "damn funny this is supposed to be an adults only event and there are 5 kids in the wedding party. OY!!

Then they did pictures while the guests had appetizers. My parents were well behaved during the photos.

Then my dad wandered so I wandered to follow him. He went to the big outdoor kitchen where the caterers were putting the finishing touches on the meal and asked them when it would be ready and if they needed any help.

Then after we ate he said he was cold and was going to go sit in the car. The car was locked and about a quarter mile away. I told him if he would wait till the speeches were done we could leave - but he got up and wandered again. I went after him and said GIVE ME THREE MINUTES TO SAY SOME GOODBYES AND WE WILL GO. So we left.

All the way home they complained about how the wedding "wasn't right" - there were no ushers seating people, no gift table, they had too many attendants (12 bridesmaids, 12 groomsmen, 2 ring bearers, 2 flower girls), they had to wait too long for their food, they didn't like the food, there were too many FAT PEOPLE there (I kid you not).

As soon as we got back to my house they got in their car and left - thank goodness, I don't think I would take any more of them tonight!!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

HappyDaze wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:34 pm I would call the day a success, MJ. I had to shush my mother twice during the ceremony - once when they said the groom's uncle was coming up to make some remarks and she said "well I hope they're brief" and the people in front of us turned around and looked to see who said it. I was mortified. The second time was when she said "damn funny this is supposed to be an adults only event and there are 5 kids in the wedding party. OY!!

Then they did pictures while the guests had appetizers. My parents were well behaved during the photos.

Then my dad wandered so I wandered to follow him. He went to the big outdoor kitchen where the caterers were putting the finishing touches on the meal and asked them when it would be ready and if they needed any help.

Then after we ate he said he was cold and was going to go sit in the car. The car was locked and about a quarter mile away. I told him if he would wait till the speeches were done we could leave - but he got up and wandered again. I went after him and said GIVE ME THREE MINUTES TO SAY SOME GOODBYES AND WE WILL GO. So we left.

All the way home they complained about how the wedding "wasn't right" - there were no ushers seating people, no gift table, they had too many attendants (12 bridesmaids, 12 groomsmen, 2 ring bearers, 2 flower girls), they had to wait too long for their food, they didn't like the food, there were too many FAT PEOPLE there (I kid you not).

As soon as we got back to my house they got in their car and left - thank goodness, I don't think I would take any more of them tonight!!
OMG!

Without a word of a lie, my "mother" makes comments like that at weddings, receptions and funerals. It is mortifying. Now that she is 84? I guess, if the siblings actually weren't as bad as her, they could just say she may have inherited dementia from her mother. ACK!

You did well to not strangle them before the Bride and Groom were pronounced Mr. and Mrs.

You really are going to have a HUGE house of gold in heaven!!

MJ

Oh, at my wedding? My Roman Catholic "mother" wandered around the Anglican Church Hall where we were having the reception telling anyone she could , "It's a pity she won't REALLY be married since this isn't THE REAL church." AUGH!
Hope has a good imagination.
Mrscreative2

Post by Mrscreative2 »

Quilter51 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:38 am Good morning all, i just got up at ten, obviously a lazy day at this end!

it's ony supposed to be 82 today, a little cool. But sunny and no rain, so I am "grrrring" a little bit about not being able to do the craft fair after time spent making and preparing.

Last night I spent twenty bucks getting a basket of fried jumbo shrimp and fries and listening to music. Of course I am a real party pooper because the music started at six thirty and I was home a little after eight thirty. Not a night time party person, lol.

No commitments today except for giving a buy nothing pickup gift at some point this afternoon. So I plan to wash and dry a load and get the other load into the washer, work in the sewing room, and sit on the patio and read my book

I have leftover chicken and stuffing and green beans for dinner.

Today or tomorrow will be my weekly planning.

While it is not as hot where I am as where forida is, obviously, a high of 82 is considered cool here. I know the Canadians would not enjoy it.

Back in a bit
Not in my case Quilter. I love the heat! In fact I can tolerate it much better than my Malaysian born husband where the temperatures hover around 90 degrees with extremely high humidity all year round! Toronto gets very hot and has that humidity too. On the farm I spent long hours outside in the fields and it certainly was very hot and humid, especially during haying season,

But I have learned to embrace the winter too as ours are long and cold here in Northwestern Ontario. But I much prefer summer to winter. No contest!

Creative
Mrscreative2

Post by Mrscreative2 »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:15 pm Bonne apres midi mes amis!

I just got done moving my beverage counter. I decided to change things up a bit since I got that Keurig at Christmas time for $15 (it came with a reusable fill with your own coffee pod, lots of coffee pods and a coffee pod holder!). My ice machine may have died. I'll be frustrated to have to buy the ice I need for iced coffees but then I use a lot in my iced coffees and can't make enough to keep up. Sigh. Well, I got it off FB Marketplace too and would say I got my money's worth out of it just last summer alone. I bleached the countertop before putting everything back. So far? It's the nicest looking countertop in my kitchen! LOL

It is currently 86F or 97F with the heat index. UGH! That humidity is CRAZY out there. I have my little "piggie tails" small ringlets on my forehead from the humidity. They are kinda cute but the rest of my hair is such a mess that they get losts! I have a stylist appointment on Tuesday at 1:00 pm. This is the first time in about 8 years or so that I am not going to the hair school for a cut. When I was at the clinic for my driver's physical, I finally got the gumption up to ask the one receptionist where she got her hair cut. I made an appointment with her stylist. I looked at some of the stylist work and she is VERY good. Only $42 for a short haircut. I'm not sure what normal prices are but that seemed okay to me. I really like the owner, Donna, of the hair school but when I tell them, "I want it short, like Jamie Lee Curtis short!" They never get there. I think the students are afraid of cutting hair so "punk" short so I hope this stylist can help me out. I am excited to see if I can get a different look!

I had the last of the bread pudding for breakfast today. I'll wash out the pan and make my Eagle Brand Magic Cookie Bars, hopefully, tomorrow. I will have soup for supper. An evening snack might just be toast before bed.

Because it is so humid and hot out there, I am not leaving the house. I am just taking it a bit at a time in the kitchen and staying cool. I am going to call the landlord and see if he got the text that our water passed the Provincial Water Inspection so that I can use the tap water again. I still have water in my pails if it has not.

WOW! Not that long ago I turned on CNN news. They are now reporting the THREE trains collided in India and so far they have over 280 people who died in a rail accident. They figure the numbers, sadly, will go up due to people being trapped under the wreckage. How awful!

Well, time for me to get back to dinkin' around in the kitchen!

That's the skinny from around here!!

MJ

Penny,

I hope the ice on the chin helps take the pain away. I was itching my right arm today and thought, "WHAT?!" a little bit of an owie whiel itching. I too a look and I have this huge bruise on the back of my arm. Not sure how I did that! Take care and hope the ice helps!!
Hi MJ - $42 just for a haircut (assuming you also have your hair washed, conditioned and blow dried) seems like an awful lot to me. My stylist does it for $28 and even styles it after drying with a curling iron or straightener. I get mine done about twice a year in a very simple, low maintenance bob. I get my hair professionally coloured around once a year or whenever going on a trip. Costs me $110.00 for a colour, cut and style.

Perhaps the price varies according to location but I think you generally pay more in big cities like Toronto or Vancouver.

Just my two cents worth!

Creative
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Mrscreative2 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:06 pm Hi MJ - $42 just for a haircut (assuming you also have your hair washed, conditioned and blow dried) seems like an awful lot to me. My stylist does it for $28 and even styles it after drying with a curling iron or straightener. I get mine done about twice a year in a very simple, low maintenance bob. I get my hair professionally coloured around once a year or whenever going on a trip. Costs me $110.00 for a colour, cut and style.

Perhaps the price varies according to location but I think you generally pay more in big cities like Toronto or Vancouver.

Just my two cents worth!

Creative
Thanks Creative!

I'll ask around and see what prices seem to be in Brandon and see if that is high, mid-range or low! I'd like to think I'm not paying a nasty amount!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
Mrscreative2

Post by Mrscreative2 »

Good evening beautiful people,

Very late check in. Feeling a bit drowsy as up at 5 am. Busy day! Coloured my own hair - messy with it being on the longer side. Showered in the morning. Worked some more in the garden and watered everything. Four loads of laundry washed and put away. Beds made up with fresh linen. A bathroom cleaned, 5 km walk in this morning. PT exercising completed three times today.

Bills paid but took some time to watch the Snowbirds (jets) from the comfort of our backyard. The time just slipped by!

Have a good sleep everyone!
Creative