Daily Check In June 3, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Quilter51

Re: Daily Check In June 3, 2023

Post by Quilter51 »

Clem, the place I go to lets you sit for a fair while and I can take it pretty hot. They also do stones and hot wax (again I can take it pretty hot). Im waiting til next week so they'll be nice and new for the wedding. I have two completely different dress o utfits so ill need to pick a neutral instead of my norma blue or yellow, ol.

So I stepped down wrong somewhere. Pretty sure its not sprained, but the BACK of my right leg just above the ankle (not even up to the calf) hurts every time I take a step. Is that the achilles??? Not sure if I am better trying to gently walk it out or keep that leg stiff and move as little as possible.

Left my clothes in the washer so long I had to rewash them, I reaized it was two full days??? Hate to waste water like that but felt they needed to be done again. Then I have another load to go in.d

Still pissed that she was so ready to cancel the craft fair when there is not a drop of rain but I'll get over it. Spending my non painful time going around and cutting and putting al the sheets and other gifts away before I start cutting them.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

HappyDaze wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:58 am HOLY SMOKES!!! Y'all....you are not going to believe this...

I just a little while ago saw my dad at Family Dollar. Now nevermind the fact that he should not be out of the house by himself - or driving - my mother sends him anyway.

So I said hello to him in the store. Then when I left, he was sitting in his car so I went and said "see you later at the wedding" to which her replied....

YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO DRIVE ME AND YOUR MOTHER. No...that was NOT the plan, my SISTER was to drive them. Apparently she is not going - and they were told by her that I WAS DRIVING THEM - only I was NOT told...but my dad was told that it was the plan and assumed I knew.

NOW - WHAT IF...I had not been at Family Dollar at the same time as my dad? Because NOOOOOOOOOBODY freeking told me anything about any of this. Had I showed up at the wedding without them - with my niece thinking I was bringing her grandparents??? And my brother and his wife thinking I was bringing them???

This was all my sister's handiwork - and didn't the universe just intervene and put my dad and me at the same place at the same time???!!!!!!!???

I am not happy driving them but I am happy that my niece's day won't be spoiled. DD is FURIOUS with my sister and said that my sister knows that my niece has said she won't get married without her grandparents present.
YIKES!!!

What divine intervention put you both at Family Dollar at the same time.

Your sister is a real piece of work. She was setting you up for some reason (well, it can be inferred can't it?). I am so sorry this happened to you. You had explained why you were taking two vehicle and now? Caput.

UGH!

I sure hope it works out okay and your parents, "behave."

I'll be thinking of you. What they did is just AWFUL. I can't even believe it but then again. . .ya know?

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Bonne apres midi mes amis!

I just got done moving my beverage counter. I decided to change things up a bit since I got that Keurig at Christmas time for $15 (it came with a reusable fill with your own coffee pod, lots of coffee pods and a coffee pod holder!). My ice machine may have died. I'll be frustrated to have to buy the ice I need for iced coffees but then I use a lot in my iced coffees and can't make enough to keep up. Sigh. Well, I got it off FB Marketplace too and would say I got my money's worth out of it just last summer alone. I bleached the countertop before putting everything back. So far? It's the nicest looking countertop in my kitchen! LOL

It is currently 86F or 97F with the heat index. UGH! That humidity is CRAZY out there. I have my little "piggie tails" small ringlets on my forehead from the humidity. They are kinda cute but the rest of my hair is such a mess that they get losts! I have a stylist appointment on Tuesday at 1:00 pm. This is the first time in about 8 years or so that I am not going to the hair school for a cut. When I was at the clinic for my driver's physical, I finally got the gumption up to ask the one receptionist where she got her hair cut. I made an appointment with her stylist. I looked at some of the stylist work and she is VERY good. Only $42 for a short haircut. I'm not sure what normal prices are but that seemed okay to me. I really like the owner, Donna, of the hair school but when I tell them, "I want it short, like Jamie Lee Curtis short!" They never get there. I think the students are afraid of cutting hair so "punk" short so I hope this stylist can help me out. I am excited to see if I can get a different look!

I had the last of the bread pudding for breakfast today. I'll wash out the pan and make my Eagle Brand Magic Cookie Bars, hopefully, tomorrow. I will have soup for supper. An evening snack might just be toast before bed.

Because it is so humid and hot out there, I am not leaving the house. I am just taking it a bit at a time in the kitchen and staying cool. I am going to call the landlord and see if he got the text that our water passed the Provincial Water Inspection so that I can use the tap water again. I still have water in my pails if it has not.

WOW! Not that long ago I turned on CNN news. They are now reporting the THREE trains collided in India and so far they have over 280 people who died in a rail accident. They figure the numbers, sadly, will go up due to people being trapped under the wreckage. How awful!

Well, time for me to get back to dinkin' around in the kitchen!

That's the skinny from around here!!

MJ

Penny,

I hope the ice on the chin helps take the pain away. I was itching my right arm today and thought, "WHAT?!" a little bit of an owie whiel itching. I too a look and I have this huge bruise on the back of my arm. Not sure how I did that! Take care and hope the ice helps!!
Hope has a good imagination.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

We have much the same temperatures as MJ. Our weather station is about 5 miles out of the city in the middle of a field so the listed temperature is always a bit cooler than here in the midst of pavement and houses.

This is not typical weather for this time of year. More like late July or August when we have actually worked up the stamina to withstand this kind of heat and sun. We have also had two small tornados that haven't caused any damage, but those usually don't show up until late July. While us Northerners would probably melt during the summers in Arizona, Texas, and Florida, we are for the most part (not counting in those weak Canadians that travel south for the winter) hardy enough to withstand our cold winters.....

Poor youngest son has been having bad storms every evening. Roads are flooding and of course people are trying to drive through all the water. I need to phone him tonight or tomorrow and see how he is doing.

Eldest son has cut down his cedars (they had pretty much died) and I think he planned on trying to dig out the roots this weekend.

I got all the tasks done early today and have even managed to knit one pair of mittens. I may start the second pair or give it a rest for a bit. Still need to work on the blanket. I will be adding skein 4 to it hopefully tonight. I may just get away with only that many, or perhaps a bit of a 5th skein.

Today was the shortest conversation I ever had with my brother. He really did not sound good, but at least he got to his program on Thursday and had his bath. I am going to ask him next time to look at what size sweatpants and underwear he wears cause I thing I am going to pick him up some clothing. Pretty sure it would be at least 3X or larger. I will pick up things on sale. I do know he would prefer an old fashion "boom box", but I think clothing would be a better purchase.

Picked up some more lighting this morning and surprisingly the least expensive place to purchase it was Canadian Tire. There was nothing at the Dollar Store I went to that was suitable. I am hopefully going to take pictures for my blog of the lights we have out right now.

Still need to work a bit on the firepit area, and I do have some ideas. I couldn't find any more lavender, but I did notice more heliotrope which also has a lovely scent. Scents are nice in the summer. I would like to get some more yard games as well, but will wait until those go on sale.

Changed my ideas for supper. I am making a cold plate. No warming of the brisket, and I made a macaroni salad earlier today. Easy meal and with the heat absolutely perfect.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

clemencia2us wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:14 pm Really sounds like it.

And yes the universe was looking out for you for running into your dad at FD.

Did you find a small purse?
I did find a small purse - in a shade of blue that complimented my dress.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Update:

I kind of surprised myself today, ran the vacuum and the new floor cleaner. I am loving that thing!

DD's ended up inviting me down for pizza this evening....ummm yeah!!! From my favorite hometown pizza shop and it was so good.

Have watered everything outside and have been trimming the dead spent leaves from the August lilies. It is very early for the leaves to be dying. But then our peonies didn't last this year either. Too dry I think.
It is still very warm outside and no rain in sight.

Will take a nice hot bath, get into my jammies and let the evening progress.

JCKitty