Daily Check In June 3, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check In June 3, 2023

Post by clemencia2us »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:08 pm Thanks Creative!

I'll ask around and see what prices seem to be in Brandon and see if that is high, mid-range or low! I'd like to think I'm not paying a nasty amount!

MJ
I was also going to say that it seems kind of expensive for a simple haircut. Maybe they are including other things. Here at the little local shop, I would make sure my hair was clean, so they would just wet it and then cut. No blow drying etc. Now they did do all that when it was long, but when I just wanted it basically cut off with clippers - no. Think I paid maybe 20 dollars. Plus a 5 dollar tip.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

clemencia2us wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:42 am I was also going to say that it seems kind of expensive for a simple haircut. Maybe they are including other things. Here at the little local shop, I would make sure my hair was clean, so they would just wet it and then cut. No blow drying etc. Now they did do all that when it was long, but when I just wanted it basically cut off with clippers - no. Think I paid maybe 20 dollars. Plus a 5 dollar tip.
This is what I do and I still pay a bit more than MJ. However, in USD that would be about $32.00 for her appointment.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Just thinking out loud with these last few posts, lol

My nephew's girlfriends rules are that everyone is to wear what they want to the wedding ceremony and reception. They want everyone to be comfortable and if that is in pjs, then so be it. Quote unquote. Of course I know my sis in aw is wearing a dress with a slash across the top, but it will be interesting to see how the general population is clothed.
Mrscreative2

Post by Mrscreative2 »

mbrudnic wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:26 am Here in SW Ohio I pay between $38 & $40 for a haircut, blow dry and style, so that sounds like a reasonable price to me.
I guess my little Rosetta is a true gem. She can’t speak English well but she understands how I would like my hair cut and does a very good job. I give her a very generous tip.

Creative
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Jackielou wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:07 am This is what I do and I still pay a bit more than MJ. However, in USD that would be about $32.00 for her appointment.
I asked a friend what they paid for their haircuts and they said over $50. I don't know why but it seems Brandon's haircuts are "expensive" by USA standards.

I usually go to the hair school and have done so for years and years. I pay $15.00 (including the tip). They won't cut my hair as short as I'd like it so I thought after years of "saving" on haircuts I'd see if I can get one that changes up my look. We'll see what happens!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

mbrudnic wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:26 am Here in SW Ohio I pay between $38 & $40 for a haircut, blow dry and style, so that sounds like a reasonable price to me.
Thanks Maggie!

I asked a friend here in town what she pays for a haircut and she pays over $50. I think $42 isn't out of range for Brandon.

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.