Daily Check In June 3, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Prairie Waif2

Re: Daily Check In June 3, 2023

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

clemencia2us wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:42 am I was also going to say that it seems kind of expensive for a simple haircut. Maybe they are including other things. Here at the little local shop, I would make sure my hair was clean, so they would just wet it and then cut. No blow drying etc. Now they did do all that when it was long, but when I just wanted it basically cut off with clippers - no. Think I paid maybe 20 dollars. Plus a 5 dollar tip.
I don't think anything is "simple" about my hair! LOL I have baby fine hair and thin on top (thyroid) and relatively thick at the back. I have a couple of cowlicks and the "piggy ringlets" that come out in my bangs has made it hard for the students at the hair school to decide what to do with me. I've been getting basically the same hair cut for over a decade. I want to see if this stylist can give me something new.

My friend told me she pays over $50 for a haircut. She is a bit of a prima donna getting her nails done all the time and what not so she must be going to a really high end studio or this is the crazy price of hair cuts in Brandon!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Prairie Waif2 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:47 am I asked a friend what they paid for their haircuts and they said over $50. I don't know why but it seems Brandon's haircuts are "expensive" by USA standards.

I usually go to the hair school and have done so for years and years. I pay $15.00 (including the tip). They won't cut my hair as short as I'd like it so I thought after years of "saving" on haircuts I'd see if I can get one that changes up my look. We'll see what happens!

MJ
Haircuts in downstate NY are expensive. I've paid $45 for a wash, cut and blow dry for the past 3 years I had expected it to jump to $50 the last time I went.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

I have a cut that grows out well as I really don't enjoy the haircut process, I only go 2-3 times a year. I did finally find a lady (watch, she'll move...) locally who does a fantastic job, she's cut hair for all 4 of us now. $25 for the cut, generally $10-15 for the tip ($10 for the guys, $15 for the girls) - basically because it's a salon at which she pays rent for use of the booth and they take a portion of the $ for the cut, but they don't take from the tip. When you find someone who cuts hair well, you want them to have incentive to stay.

DD goes way more often than me, when she was in clinicals she saw a drugged-out guy in the ER yank a nurse around by her hair and thought "uh-uh," the next weekend she got a pixie cut (it had been below her shoulder blades - I wept, LOL). She has the face for it; I sure don't - but I don't want to have to get a trim every month, either, so it all works out :lol: