Daily Check in June 4, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Mrscreative2

Re: Daily Check in June 4, 2023

Post by Mrscreative2 »

Good morning beautiful people,

Another perfect, warm (24 C or 75.2) F day. Just perfect temperature! We haven’t turned our AC on yet even though several of our neighbours have. The one right beside us had been painting the parchment of their house all day so after being in the sunshine and heat all day, I could understand. I cooled the house down to 23 C this morning just by opening the patio door and windows wide early this morning just to let in the cool morning air.

Today I am going to the Waterfront to watch the Snowbirds (jet show). The performance starts at 12 noon and is a half hour show. I plan on going early as yesterday there were 20 000 people in attendance! I have some ideas about where to park my car for free but of course a half mile walk might be involved. They put up barricades whenever there’s a special event at the Waterfront so the few spaces that are supposed to be reserved for the hotel will fill up quickly. I love the walking anyway and that is part of my physiotherapy. I don’t think Dh is interested. Dd2 is at her friends place. I don’t mind going alone and I’m sure I will run into someone I know. Dh is very rigid about the time of his meals and he doesn’t like large crowds so I think that’s more of the issue. It’s a free event sponsored by our city to celebrate the 40th anniversary of our kite festival. The last time the Snowbirds were here was 10 years ago so I don’t want to miss out on this opportunity.

All the garden was watered this morning. Excited to see my spinach and Swiss chard had germinated, also Dd2’s wildflowers. The radishes are coming up nicely and the beans are just starting to poke through. I cut a bouquet of apple blossoms and cherry blossoms and have them in vases outside. Our backyard smells heavenly right now!

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,
I was up early even after staying up late. But I feel rested.
Have been drinking coffee and getting small chores done while watching my Sunday shows.

My "little" buddy came this morning and sprayed the drive and parking area. He was borrowing my wine/ beer making stuff so just decided to spray while here. He is a total hoot, sent me a text before coming saying that he would be here early and hoped he wouldn't disturb me knowing how "young girls" like me like to stay up and party on a Saturday Night!!!!

No clue what the rest of the day will bring, it is much cooler this AM so will water this evening. I have checked plants and they are fine. Supposedly it will be just a bit cooler this coming week. Will give my AC a break I hope.

Off to do whatever.
JCKitty
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

All outside tasks are completed and at this time the temperature is already 27. It didn't really cool off last night as when I woke up it was already almost 25 and no breeze to be had.

I have made up the grocery list using the flyer, and will head out after I have breakfast and get ready to be seen in public.

While the church does have a bit of air conditioning, it does not reach where we would be sitting and by the time we left the temperature outside would feel brutal. So Mass will be watched online once again.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, frugal friends. It was rather hot yesterday, but DS mowed the yards and I did the back yard watering and cleaned the screened porch. That included mopping the polypro area rug out there, which now looks much better.

I woke up at 5:30 am for awhile, which is when it starts getting light in our bedroom, but fell asleep again. My coffee companion this morning is our old Ollie Cat, who keeps flicking his tail across the tablet screen. The screen will be well dusted: he has a fluffy tail. :-D

Today I must bake some breakfast muffins and give the dogs a bath. This keeps getting moved around on the to-do list and I am now tired of eating cereal and having whiffy pups sit in my lap. Rosie Dog likes to roll in critter poop, so she is especially fragrant. Phew.

MJ, the price for your haircut is fine, esprcially since you have not gone in a long time. Prices jumped after the pandemic and I found they were higher in a college town than at the small town where I lived previously. Enjoy pampering yourself with a cute summer 'do.

Coffee gone. Gotta get moving. Hope you all have a good and peaceful day.
Mackie
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Creative, have fun at the show!

Kitty, tell the truth. You are really a “party animal” and you just haven’t told us. 😊

I’m home from Aldi. It was a good time to go and was not crowded. I’ve enjoyed using things up from my freezer, refrigerator and pantry and I’m still doing so. But I only had one small apple and one mandarin for fruit. So I bought two bags of Fuji apples ($3.99/3lb bag), two pints of blueberries ($2.49 each) and almost two pounds of red grapes ($2.39/lb). I looked at the mandarins but they were so small and were OK when I bought them in the past but I’d rather pay the higher price for larger ones at Publix. I’ve been using up my frozen veggies from both my freezer and mom’s freezer and still have two bags left but I checked the Aldi price. They are $1.09 for 12 oz. which is the price they’ve been for awhile and is a good price.

I always use the self checkout. I like it. A guy tried to give me $1 for my basket saying that he didn’t have .25. I wouldn’t take it. I put two more quarters in my cup holder so they’ll be handy for next time.
Last edited by floridacatlover on Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

MJ, I agree with Mackie that it is good to treat yourself. I pay much less but have thought of switching salons and I know I’d pay more. Just be sure to know exactly what is included for that price and keep the tip in mind.