Daily Check in June 4, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check in June 4, 2023

Post by clemencia2us »

More rain and thunder tonight. Hope it isn't too bad. I am in pjs and will be getting in bed.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

DId get the pizzas made. It is so much easier to let the bread machine make the dough while I get the toppings ready. They came out very nice and made some good leftovers.

After supper I looked online and ordered DH some summer clothes. He is constantly complaining that he's too hot, but he's still wearing what he wore all winter, just without the sweaters. JCPenney has a big Father's Day sale on, so he's getting cargo shorts and polo shirts. And summer socks, as he's wearing acrylic argyles and can't figure out why his feet are so hot. He's very on the spectrum about clothing as well as food. Drives me crazy sometimes.
Mackie
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Update:

FloridaCat, not a wild child any longer LOL....I have crossed over to "boring" just want to stay at home around my people most of the time.

It has been warm today but at least we did not hit 90. I have been out in bits of time trimming foliage from the August lilies and puttering around the yard.
While I was at the front of the house filling hummingbird feeders I heard the unmistakable whoosh loud thud sound of a falling tree. I flew thru the house out the back door thinking "please don't be in my yard" Thankfully it was a dead tree on the brothers property that fell right over the property lines. Whooo, I am not responsible for cleaning it up and it is not visible because it is behind my high bush cranberry bushes.

Tomorrow I have to run errands and drop off utility bills. Recycle depot drop off, and I need a few things from Aldi's. Mainly fruit and salad stuff, milk to make yogurt and maybe some cold cuts. I would love to find a turkey breast to roast for sandwiches/salad topping. May settle for chicken breast. I can roast it and slice it. I really don't eat many cold cuts anymore because after having covid things like that are very salty tasting to me. It has never gone away. :roll:
Off to watch some tube.
JCKitty
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Well that game went poorly.

Nothing personal to you floridas but I hate the Miami Heat. Sigh.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

chocolite wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:48 am I'm really fighting to get myself out of this funk I've been in. I just can't accept the fact that I'm never going to be able to take a walk out in nature. Never going to walk on the beach. It's just not acceptable. Every step is tenuous and I'm always one step away from a bad fall. I'm sorry I keep bringing it up, but it's like it just runs on a loop in my brain. Even when I'm thinking about other stuff, it's running in the background. Ugh.
I've known for a while that they make all-terrain wheelchairs for being out in nature, mostly because the guys here watch a YouTube channel where a guy "tests" a lot of stuff, and some of it is designed to assist paraplegics; manufacturers send him those for testing as his wife is paraplegic (he's been prototyping a device that is as close to a mountain bike for paraplegics as anyone has yet developed). They aren't, however, really "frugal" looking. Much electronics.

However, I was at the beach recently, for the first time in over a dozen years, and now know they make beach wheelchairs, without electronics, which are according to the user (who could stand but not walk long distances) very durable and don't mind the water or sand (it looked like you could just hose it off, mostly plastic and durable cloth, probably a poly). Her hubby got her on the beach with the chair then they transferred to those low-set beach chairs that are meant for sitting near the surf until they were ready to go.

I nearly lived on that beach as a teenager, I'd never seen a wheelchair on it (or any other beach) before. Things are progressing when it comes to 'adaptive' inventions.

My 83-yo mother tipped over and fell in deep sand getting from the beach back up to the access. She and DD laughed so hard getting her back up then up the rest of the hill that I'm sure observers probably thought they were inebriated :shock:
ownedbydogs

Post by ownedbydogs »

floridacatlover wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:34 am Good morning friends.

Maggie, that is impressive that your DGS9 is part of a team in the playoffs for the Little League World Series.

Penny, I’m glad that you got a new a/c compressor and you are now cool!

MJ, I agree with Creative that $42 seems high for a haircut.

I am again working on clutter today. I’ve come to the conclusion that decluttering mom’s house won’t help unless I get rid of more of my own stuff. Yesterday I continued with the paper monster. I’m done shredding mom’s old taxes but why do I keep so much of my own paper? I shredded 2019 and 2020 Medicare statements and will start 2021 today. A few years ago I went through all my paperwork file boxes but I’m going to go through them again (not today).

Today I’m tackling VHS tapes. Yup, I still have “historic” events I’ve taped over the years - Diana, 9/11 etc. It’s mostly all on YouTube now.

There was a good article and comments about clutter a few weeks ago on NYT. It’s called Depression Rooms and Doom Piles: Why Clearing the Clutter Can Seem Impossible. The top “reader favorite” comment hits home focused on stuff that has memories.

My washing machine just finished. I stripped and remade my bed last night (usually do it early but got the urge last night).

Have a good day.
I got so fed up with getting a bunch of papers every month from insurance that I started just getting them on line every month.