Daily Check in June 4, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily Check in June 4, 2023

Post by ChristmasTrees »

HappyDaze wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:35 am Update: Dishes are done, counters are cleared and wiped down, laundry is going. Throw rugs have been taken outside and shaken out, carpets are vacuumed.

DD's SO has gone to pick her up (she camped out at the wedding site last night with several cousins and the wedding party). They will help clean up the venue before coming home.

It is an absolutely beautiful day and I need to get outside and get some of that natural vitamin d. I will feed the outdoor cats and water my flowers, then I might just sit outside and read for awhile.

I hope everyone is having a very good day!
Camping out with the wedding party and cousins....TOTALLY fun!!!!
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

chocolite wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:48 am MJ, I think that's a very fair price for a haircut. I pay more here. I've been needing a trim, though, and I think I'll go where my DH goes for that. She has a salon in her garage (set it up after Covid closed the salon she worked at). My DH has gone to her for years. I never have, but if I have to take him, I might as well have her give me a trim while she's at it. My problem is I finally found someone who can taper my hair so it doesn't look like a triangle at the bottom, but she's expensive. So I'll ask if DH's person can do it. If not, then next time I'll go back to my high-priced person. Either way, I'll get some of this hot mess off me. I'm so wishy-washy. When my hair is long (as it is now) I end up putting it in a ponytail. Like ALL the time, because it's heavy and easy to frizz out (even with all the products I have to use). Eventually I get sick of it and get it lopped off short. Then over time I regret doing it and start the growing-out process all over. Sheesh...I think the real issue is I perpetually view myself through a critical lens, so I'm never happy with what I see.

I have my chronic illness support group meeting at 1pm and my group writing session at 2pm, both on zoom. I made pork chops, au gratin potatoes, and green peas for supper last night, so we'll have those leftovers tonight. We also have a few left over biscuits, so I won't need to do anything tonight.

I started watching Shiny Happy People last night. It's disturbing, and not surprising in the least. I never really watched the Duggars, but I know a lot of people did. I am fascinated/repulsed with the vast amount of spiritual abuse being perpetuated in the world today. Still. I actually attended a fundamentalist church in another life and have my own stories. As always, at the top of the heap making all decisions are Old White Men. They run the world. Still.

I'm really fighting to get myself out of this funk I've been in. I just can't accept the fact that I'm never going to be able to take a walk out in nature. Never going to walk on the beach. It's just not acceptable. Every step is tenuous and I'm always one step away from a bad fall. I'm sorry I keep bringing it up, but it's like it just runs on a loop in my brain. Even when I'm thinking about other stuff, it's running in the background. Ugh.
Hugs Patty. How about an electric scooter? They can go just about anywhere. My nephew has MS and he scoots around outside all the time. His is portable so not too heavy. It has made a world of difference in his life.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:10 pm Camping out with the wedding party and cousins....TOTALLY fun!!!!
Yes! I was so happy she was able to do that. DD was not in the wedding party but helped A LOT behind the scenes - decorating, setting up, etc. and she was with the wedding party and was responsible for telling each person when to walk, including the little ones.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

The mess in the shower is cleaned up, I had to scrub it off the bottom of the shower. I have a tub and shower scrubber. I really needed it to clean up the mess.

My towels are in the dryer.

My dinner was the leftover fried chicken that I froze last week to enjoy later.

I Facetimed with my granddaughter this morning.

Penny
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

DD just brought me the most beautiful flowers from the wedding - and cupcakes (almost) to pretty to eat! I didn't get to stay for the cake cutting or anything so my niece wanted to make sure I got some - that was so sweet of her!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Jackie and MJ, y'all seemed to go from ice and snow almost straight to summer.

Patty (((HUGS))).

I did get muffins made (bran with lemon and blue berries -- it's always bran for my cholesterol) and the dogs bathed and combed out. Then I had to shower my nasty self and start a bunch of laundry. Wore me out.

Rosie Dog, the old one, was in quite a mood about getting bathed and tried to bite me twice and DS once, so he scruffed her while I put the muzzle on her. That took the wind out of her sails. The thing is she actually loves the bath once she gets in it because the hot water and the massage on her hips and shoulders make her arthritis feel so much better. She just refuses to submit to anything we ask of her. She is made of stubborn!

My sweet Goldie Dog is always so good even though she takes twice as long to bathe. Her coat is long and tangles easily, so I treat it with a thick conditioner and comb out the feathers on her legs and tail before shampooing her. She rests her head on my shoulder while I work. She has such a gentle nature.

If I get a second wind, I may make pizzas for supper. If not, it's every man for himself.
Mackie