Daily Check In- June 5, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Mrscreative2

Daily Check In- June 5, 2023

Post by Mrscreative2 »

Good morning beautiful people,

Just to get us started.

Creative
Mrscreative2

Re: Daily Check In- June 5, 2023

Post by Mrscreative2 »

Good morning once again,

We finally got some rain last night- much needed! Happy to not have the chore of watering the plants today.

The rain has stopped and it’s cloudy but warm. I plan on attending both Walking Club and Photography Club this afternoon. It’s expected to clear up after lunch so I should have some sunshine for Photography Club.

After walking I am heading over to a former colleague’s house to get some green cardamon pods. I have a Malaysian chicken recipe that requires them and they are a little difficult to find here. They are also used in Finnish pulla bread which I love. My work colleague just returned from a trip to India and got them there. I know with customs they are very particular about food and you must declare it. I had no difficulty bringing back some Malaysian white coffees or Sicilian oregano. The pods are probably considered a spice. Anyway I had posted that recipe and she texted and offered. I thought that was so nice of her!!

Photography Club is at our International Gardens and I’m sure it will be full of lots of nice blooms and a few early flowers. It should smell heavenly! Monday is now my favourite day of the week!

I’m going to use my root touch up kit to cover a few places I missed when I did my overall colour. It’s a challenging job when you can’t see a thing without your glasses. Generally I was very happy with the outcome and the new colour suits me. Tomorrow I’m invited to a friend’s house for lunch and I’m looking forward to that! Retirement can be lots of fun! And it’s so liberating not to have to worry about putting on snow pants , heavy sweaters and boots, hats, scarves and mittens. Just need a light sweater or jacket sometimes, sunscreen, sun hat and insect repellent when out in the woods!

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning!

Another nice cool morning here in south Texas. Yesterday we matched the record low for that day.

I slept so well last night. Had a great time at the retirement party. Yummy food.

I came home about 4ish. Relaxed a bit and got into my pjs. I was in bed by 6. Just wanted to relax. But I guess I zonked out. Got up to go to the bathroom. I thought it was maybe 10pm - nope 2am. The pups were so good too. All slept through the night, even though we did get a bit of thunder around us. I may never have to water my tomato plants. They are huge. Lots of green tomatoes on one plant - the other is huge but mostly blooms right now. I can't wait.

Today will be a just take it easy day. Yesterday's activities wore me out - :mrgreen: .

Have a great day all.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Good morning all.

While I did get up earlier, I did not walk this morning outside because of the thunder and rain overnight and everything is soggy and there are puddles on my walker route.

Very disappointed inthe basketball game last night to say the least. Hopefulyy the Nuggest will play like their normal selves on Wednesday.

I have had my breakfast, which was a scrounge this morning because I am out of eggs, cereal, sausage, muffins and so on. I also read a full chapter of my book (the chapters arefew and fairly long) which I am loving. I find that I enjoy reading early in the morning.

This afternoon after lunch I have a meeting on our adult (seniors) vacation bible camp and will have to do some research before. I also have to get groceries since I am digging at the bottom of the barrell here.

I still need to do my morning prayer nd meditation and journal..then I will think about getting a move on
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I slept in a bit this morning, mainly because I just don't feel well or rather more a bit of digestive problems because of the heat. It did not cool off last night and so is getting warmer by the minute. One great thing is that the laundry should dry very quickly.

When I don't feel like myself I hate doing household tasks, but being Monday of course my list is long. I will get done what I can and the rest will have to wait a bit and perhaps get done over the next few days. My list today is laundry, dusting, vacuuming, deep cleaning sinks and counters, deep cleaning the bathroom, cleaning the bedrooms, garbage bin out (will get Hubby to do this), watering plants (in this heat the containers pretty much need this every day), bring up the weeks main course meats, put away the clean dishes, and do some extra cleaning if at all possible (just one of the small tasks on that list). I will be happy to get even half of that done today. But we shall see.

Hubby says he needs to clean the smoker as it seems to be running strangely hot. That will probably be his task for today as well as picking up some garden fabric to put around the fruit trees. Not too sure if he will finish the tree project or not.

I finished the second set of mitts yesterday afternoon and started the third pair. These will be a bit bigger so may take slightly longer. Hopefully I get at least 25 more pairs done by the end of the month.

The blanket has skein number 4 added and from the looks of the length that could in fact be the last I use. Getting pretty long now.

Supper tonight is hamburgers. I think I am going to make a double recipe and freeze the cooked burgers for later in the week. Since it will be very warm here all week warming up meals and eating salads sounds about perfect. I will make a potato salad and a cucumber salad to eat for the next while and perhaps on Wednesday make a slaw.

Today I am grateful that both DSs seem to be doing well and are happy.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

It's going to be a nice day if the wind would stop blowing for awhile. The sun is expected to be going in and out much of the day but it should reach the mid 70s which will be about 10 degrees warmer than it was this weekend.

Well my sister is on her way home. We had a really good time together. It was so very different from when she came up from Florida. A couple of times, we laughed so hard we couldn't breathe LOL. What a fun weekend . . . we both enjoyed each other's company, there were no spats or raised voices. I even got to video chat with my niece's son for a few minutes.

Today I have my Monday chat. The man who has been leading the group is back from his 6 week trip to Europe. I then have my last coloring session until September.

Tonight my menu says chicken so I might make chicken fried rice.

Well that's it for now. I hope everyone had a great weekend. Have a wonderful day.