Daily check in June 6

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily check in June 6

Post by Jackielou »

Update

I still have the mending to do, but as that means making a buttonhole I will do it tomorrow morning when I am fresh. I swept the floors but still need to wash them. Planning on doing so after supper.

Found out I did not have tomato sauce, so substitution time. Hope it turns out okay, it does smell very good. Just letting the meat simmer in the sauce for a bit before I fork pull it apart.

I finished one pair of the larger sized mittens and started a second pair. Slow going though as I seem to be getting bored knitting mitts. I will persevere and get another 25 pairs made somehow. Three pairs done so only 22 more to go....

Our highest temperature is 33C with a humidex of 38C (feels warmer as there is not a breath of a breeze), my plants were really droopy so I watered them. We need a little break in this heat, which could happen on Saturday.

Jackets are washed, dried and hung back up. Hubby is giving one to me to donate, and I found a summer sundress I really don't like any longer. In the bag to be donated they go. Slowly, slowly we are removing items from the house and closet.

I think I am going to purchase a big palm type plant and plop it into one of the larger planter pots I have left down by the firepit. It just needs a bit of something more down there. We still need to put up the umbrella down there, and I am thinking of getting a glider with my remaining gift card amount to place against the wall. I would dress it up with some cushions and perhaps I could manage to stretch out on it for a nap on cooler days/evenings. Now if I could just move the television outside......

Off to set the table and perhaps enjoy a glass of port before supper.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Good evening all. We also have smoke from the fires in Canada and an air quality warning. They're saying our "level" is 205 and climbing and anything over 100 is dangerous and advising people to stay inside and not exercise, etc. We will not be walking the dogs tonight.

DD's SO has gone to spend a couple days with his mom before the kiddos head off to the farm. DD is doing laundry, cleaning, packing, etc., getting ready to go. I am sure going to miss them and NOT because I'll have to walk my own dogs, take out my own garbage, etc. It just isn't the same. I don't mind them being here at all - but I hate the twice a year change in the household.

Today was DD's last day cleaning houses on the lake. She was telling me about some of them - some are literally 4-store mansions...I can scarcely imagine what I would do with that kind of money if I had it.

I gave in to a beastly craving and made myself two small pancakes for supper, along with the required amount of vegetables. I figure better to give in a little bit than give up later and go off the deep end!

I will have my annual performance evaluation at work tomorrow. The meeting will be with my "old" boss because my "new" boss just started on Monday. My former boss will still be around but doing something different within the company.

I have no plans for the evening. I SHOULD do some cooking and cleaning - so may be that - maybe not. :-) I hope everyone is doing well!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Well

It got down to 82, so I figured I would see what it was like to hike down to the community mailboxes. I'm not fainting or anything but I removed that bra and set it to air out as soon as I was inside the door, lol.

Tomorrow I will go to the dollar store and get a couple pieces of patriotic decor and look at their detergent. I have never used any cleaning supplies from there, but I figured I would check it would check it out. Also, I follow the deal guy on youtube and on good things to buy he showed these reallly really really high end looking solar candles that you can put on the patio or wherever and I may be a couple as well. Then of to do some very quick thrifting before I return to swimming and ac.
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Jackielou wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:32 pm Update

I still have the mending to do, but as that means making a buttonhole I will do it tomorrow morning when I am fresh. I swept the floors but still need to wash them. Planning on doing so after supper.

Found out I did not have tomato sauce, so substitution time. Hope it turns out okay, it does smell very good. Just letting the meat simmer in the sauce for a bit before I fork pull it apart.

I finished one pair of the larger sized mittens and started a second pair. Slow going though as I seem to be getting bored knitting mitts. I will persevere and get another 25 pairs made somehow. Three pairs done so only 22 more to go....

Our highest temperature is 33C with a humidex of 38C (feels warmer as there is not a breath of a breeze), my plants were really droopy so I watered them. We need a little break in this heat, which could happen on Saturday.

Jackets are washed, dried and hung back up. Hubby is giving one to me to donate, and I found a summer sundress I really don't like any longer. In the bag to be donated they go. Slowly, slowly we are removing items from the house and closet.

I think I am going to purchase a big palm type plant and plop it into one of the larger planter pots I have left down by the firepit. It just needs a bit of something more down there. We still need to put up the umbrella down there, and I am thinking of getting a glider with my remaining gift card amount to place against the wall. I would dress it up with some cushions and perhaps I could manage to stretch out on it for a nap on cooler days/evenings. Now if I could just move the television outside......

Off to set the table and perhaps enjoy a glass of port before supper.
As a "professional" (ha!) doggo and kity sitter, I have to advise you to STRONGLY AVOID BUYING a SAGO PALM! They are sold at garden stores and home depot and grocery stores because they do look nice but they are deadly toxic to dogs and cats. I know your GrandCat doesn't go outside but even if you have a few feral cats or the neighbor's dog gets out or something, It would weigh heavy on your pet loving heart. There are others out there and something else that looks really good are those grasses that grow to crazy heights!

MJ
Hope has a good imagination.
ownedbydogs

Post by ownedbydogs »

LogicsHere wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:06 am Good morning, Mackie and everyone.

Cloudy day here today with some light rain expected. Having a few thunder rumbles right now.

Have finished my daily routine and some paperwork/financial updates.

Today will probably revolve around my usual things, some reading, computer games and I might work on some ancestry. Odd thing though my nephew in a call last night said he took a second DNA, this time Ancestry, but I didn't get notification of a match. Strange because he would have come up as a close relative. It is quite obvious that he's my sister's kid because he looks like her so why wouldn't it have shown up unless updates haven't been done since he took it. Strange, very, very strange.

Dinner tonight is pancakes and I have a super ripe banana which I will add to them. And a slice of turkey bacon.

Well that's all for now. Have a wonderful day.
My daughters didn’t show up on mine and I didn’t show up on theirs. I kidded them we weren’t kin. One looks like me and one looked like Dad.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

ownedbydogs wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:47 pm My daughters didn’t show up on mine and I didn’t show up on theirs. I kidded them we weren’t kin. One looks like me and one looked like Dad.
That's really strange. Don't you think? I mean these tests don't capture everything, but both my sister and I did one on ancestry; you would think it would have come up. Twilight Zone