Daily check in June 6

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Quilter51

Re: Daily check in June 6

Post by Quilter51 »

Good morning all. Gonna be 90 degrees today and because of bible study I wont be getting out to walk early so will workout inside this afternoon

I have bible study at ten thirty today, and then at noon we have a gals lunch.

So I probably bil be too late to meet my friends at the pool today as well but we shall see. I have a few things I want to get done today. I want to draft a bucket hat pattern (I found instructions on you tube), I want to gesso a few canvases, and a have a stack of things and blocks that have been cut and are ready to sew depending on my spoon energy level.

Dinner is a meal I picked up at albertsons, a large pub burger, mashed potatoes and green beans. I just need to put it in hte oven for a bit.

Time to do my morning meditations and prayers and hit the showers to get ready
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Another beautiful day here. It did rain a bit yesterday, but so far today the sun is out.

Again I slept really good. It was 4am the first time I had to get up. A record! I think since I started back on my anxiety meds has helped. Now I do go to bed early also. I think I got in bed at 8. And I was up at 6:30.

My pups have only gone out once. All they do is sleep also. I will do the usual - sweeping and dusting this dog hair filled room! I will probably eat the burger and tots the COD bought me last night. I was already asleep so he put it in the fridge.

Other than that another day here at home watching Law and Order!

Have a great day.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

The shower seems to drain properly. So I don’t know what is going on.

I have been busy this morning, I have washed my hair, the sheets are folded and the mattress pad is in the dryer. Breakfast was oatmeal and the last of the blueberries.

I still need to finish making the bed.

I have a lot laundry to put away but it is clean.

I printed a pattern to sew a sewing machine.

Penny
Prairie Waif2

Post by Prairie Waif2 »

Salut mes amis!

Going by what the temperature "feels like" it is currently 95F. YIKES! It's just 11 am. Well, it's going to be another warm one! I have the A/C on to take out some of the humidity. See how that works out.

I got a message that the A/C at the hair studio is out and could I come tomorrow. WHEW! That works out even better as I have a cPTSD Psychiatrist meeting today and I had forgotten it, well, actually, I thought it was next week. I'm still bugged about what was bugging me on Saturday night. It's wearing me out. Once my brain "thoughts" grab on something it sticks around for a VERY long time, sometimes MONTHS and MONTHS. That's how cPTSD can work and it stinks. I don't know how things are going to go once my shrink retires in October or November. :(

So, at 1 pm I have my shrink appointment and then at 2:00 pm a memorial to go to for one of my favorite Brandon University professors. He was 98-years old! He was on year older than my Dad! His family were Russian Jews that got out of there just in time to avoid the entire mess of Europe in the 30s onwards. We are all so glad we had Al Rogasin in our lives and Brandon University.

I've been schlepping around in some men's knit shorts that I got at Giant Tiger YEARS ago along with a t-shirt. It's the coolest option when going downtown for lunch. Today? I have to get "officially" dressed for my doctor's appointment and the memorial service. I will wear my black leggings and the really lovely black and white striped shirt I got from Marketplace. It makes a very nice outfit but it will be warm. I've been eyeing up my fabric stash to see if I have anything to either make a dressier pair of shorts or something like koolat pants with the wide legs out of a challais fabric or so. I think I have a pattern for plus size PJ pants and I could easily alter that for either idea.

I didn't get my hamburger made into anything last night. We had a beautiful hamburger macaroni and cheese lunch yesterday so I thought I'd save the hamburger for tonight. I think I'll take out a couple of the small "slider" size buns out of the freezer and make some of those tonight with taco seasoning so I can have a bit of Taco Tuesday!

Not much else going on today. No spending money for certain!

That's the skinny from around here!

MJ

HappyDaze
I have my fingers and all crossed for good luck on getting an interview with the library!
Hope has a good imagination.
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,

Sheila, I really hope you get the library job!! I always said I would love to work in a library. How much fun it would be to be surrounded by books!

I have been up and busy, I have found that IF I get up and get on the lap top right away I have a tendency to dive too deep and spend too much time on the screen :roll: So this way I get some stuff done first.
So far I have:
Pounded and breaded tenderloins, pounded and breaded chicken breast, made French dressing, taco salad meat going, individually packaged the rice krispy bars, taken care of chickens, cleaned the kitchen and have the dish washer going now.
Next up is water plants, run the vacuum and the floor cleaner.

I have been picking one area at a time and going thru it, pantry cupboard is next up. I have way too much cookware and am having a hard time letting it go :? Lots of copper cookware that I have collected thru the years that I just love but....very seldom use. I generally only use my electric skillet, electric stock pot and few sauce pans. I know I need to keep some things in case of electric outages. Need to make a decision. I even have the small aluminum pot that my auntie always used for chicken/dumplings. Never use it but it just holds so many memories I keep it. Ugh....

Need to get busy again, hoping we get some rain this evening.
JCKitty
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I still have not left the house today. DS left a pair of ripped jeans on the kitchen table for me, and I got to work repairing those after breakfast. There were two holes, a loose belt loop and the huge rip in the seat, so it took a while. The blue thread on the machine was the same color as a top I needed to take up, so that got done as well.

Still have to cook something. The menu might change to pasta with meat sauce, depending on how fast I feel like working. :-D

Update: Did manage to get the beef thawed, chopped up a bunch of veggies, and made pepper beef (with onions and slivered carrots) for DH. I sneaked a taste and it is quite yummy for a lower sodium version.
Last edited by MackerelCat on Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mackie