Daily check in June 6

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily check in June 6

Post by clemencia2us »

I have to say that I am really glad that I found this group years ago.

Reading stories about folks that have good salaries, but still struggling makes me want to tell them - join Frugal Living!
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Enjoyed my bible study today.

Had a lovely lunch with three others. 16.00 after tip for one of the petitie lunch specials which I feel is pretty darn reasonalblee.

Had thought about hitting some thrifts but I think errands need to be early in the morning from now on. Doing online stuff and will try some surveys then off to throw clothes in the wash and be creative.

Since I know I will probably need one size loser clothes in the fall I am pulling out some pants to be trimmed down to capris or sorts, although I probably won't get to the actual cutting until tomorrow.

I agree with Clem. even though we all have different incomes and are doing different types of money saving efforts, I love that we are all generally like minded and creative when it comes to cash.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

We are getting smoke from the Nova Scotia fires. Hazy and orange.
I had overnight company so I am doing sheets and towels today.
DH asked me if I wanted him to make pancakes for dinner....YES!!!!!
I love pancakes....he makes really good ones..and it gives me a break....win...win...win!
Daze..hope you get the library job!!!
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

My trip out on Rosie's behalf is probably going to wait until tomorrow. There's one main road through our little city and it has construction going on, so the traffic starts backing up at 3:30. That makes it a good day to not spend any money.
Mackie
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Update:

Had a taco salad for lunch at 2PM, it really hit the spot. The only thing on the list left to do is run the floor cleaner....thinking I will let it wait until tomorrow.
I had to go out and water, I noticed stuff starting to droop, and even though the weather dude says a chance for rain I watered. Maybe me watering will prime the rain pump? ;)

I bathed the dog, he was getting stinky again....I also shaved his beard and around his neck, even with grooming and brushing it get snarled and nasty so I just cut it off. He wasn't happy with me but oh well.

I think supper will be a salad with chicken strips. Or maybe just a big salad as the taco salad really fills me up.
Need to walk to the mail box, hoping I get rained on!

JCKitty
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Jackielou wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:02 am HappyDaze,

I hope you get an interview for the library position.
Thanks! Fingers crossed!
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz