Daily Check-in June 7, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check-in June 7, 2023

Post by mbrudnic »

Update,
I have been getting texts from the body shop about my car being done... I picked it up 3 weeks ago. Then I got THE SURVEY. I indicated that I was not dissatisfied because 1. They were unorganized around Christmas and I had to arrange for the tow myself and then it took several calls form me for them to go find my car on their lot. and 2. Because I am getting these texts and notices today (6/7) when I picked my car up 5/16. We will see if I get any response.
Beverley

Re: Daily Check-in June 7, 2023

Post by Beverley »

Good evening,

The air you all have been talking about sounds exactly like what we had in 2020 and 2021 due to all the wildfires surrounding us. I stayed inside my bedroom with the HEPA filter going and watching TV. Itg was at that time I discovered Star Trek, became a Trekkie and never looked back. We got lucky last summer. Even though we had a couple of weeks of very dangerous heatwaves there were no wildfires. The pundits are saying there should not be a problem with fires this summer due to all the rain and snow we got during the winter. So far the planets have lined up right this spring with the cool weather. Snow melt is going slow so there has been no flooding. Usually this time of the year we are already in the 90's and near triple digit. I am keeping fingers crossed that we won't get the massive heat waves we have had. Not only that, we re heading into an El Nino for the remainder of this year and into 2024 so hopefully another wet winter.

The past couple of weeks I have been lowering the shelves in the pantry. Not really a safe job for me since I have had to stand on the first step of my step stool but I held on to the back handle so I was fine. But its done now so no more climbing. Since I have shrunk at least an inch in the past few years reaching has been a problem. Everything is within my reach now. I do have to use a reacher for the very top shelves but once they are empty they will stay that way. My goal is to have everything in the house reachable without having to use a step stool or stand on my head. So the decluttering is slowly happening. I want to continue to stay here so its important to make my house user friendly for seniors. I have a ramp at my front door that I had installed when Mom was here. I knew it would come in handy for me so I left it intact. I have grab bars in both of my showers. I need to figure out an easier access from my pantry to the garage and from my living room to the back yard. I will have my house paid off this year so that will free up funds for any needed modifications.

Well time to start dinner. I have a small roast thawing. Take care everyone.

Bev