Daily Check-in June 7, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check-in June 7, 2023

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, frugal friends. I also did not sleep great, but am resigned to that. I've had insomnia most of my life and actually sleep better if my waking up time is around 9:30 am. Having always worked in early starting jobs was a misery, so retirement is a big improvement.

Today there are some errands and chores to do: get the dog's supplement, pick up my glasses at the optical shop, feed the birds, water the backyard plants, hand wash some lingerie, finish writing the grocery list, do PT exercises, although the fitness step I ordered has not yet arrived.

Also need to catch Dora Kitty and brush her. I got lax about that and she suddenly looks messy. She has some Maine Coon Cat in her and her long coat has the extra oil typical of that breed. Brushing keeps it looking good. The fluff on the bottom of her feet looks like snowshoes: the vet looked at her feet, which are also big for her size and said, "Got some Maine Coon in there." When she runs across the laminate floor and tries to stop, she does these long, swooping skids that are both graceful and hilarious. Her expression indicates that it's a "Wowie!" moment. :-D

Coffee cup is empty, so I gotta get moving. Hope you all have a good and peaceful day.
Mackie
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I really need to organize my chewy orders.

One auto order I canceled. The pups no longer eat the small packs of wet food. Really it was mostly for Bubba. I have several boxes left.

The canned cat food will stay. The COD likes to feed the strays that come to the house at night.

Now the boxes of Milk bone treats - need to see how much they eat in a week. I almost ran out but a new order will be here today.
casadekitty

Post by casadekitty »

Hello all,
Yeah, didn't sleep well here either. I just could not turn my brain off and really it is things that I can do nothing about....except pray.
We got a few sprinkles of rain late afternoon, nothing to rave about. so back to heavy watering.
I have been busy this morning everything done except the floors and fixing to do that next.

Meals are taken care of as I have plenty of salad toppers so good to go.
I am waiting on an important tele call, well important to me anyway. :roll:

Jackie, I hope you have a good time on your get-a-way. Next year we are planning a family get-a-way, a houseboat vacation on Cumberland lake. The kids have done it before and we all want to go this time. This year everyone has done their own thing, they have had fun on their own but want to do a family thing.
Our biggest issue is the family pets and animals. I have a year to find a swim suit..... :roll:

Off to get started again.

JCKitty
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

So few tasks that needed doing today or left from previous days that I am already finished. I still need to walk up and get the mail, but perhaps tonight when it cools off the little that it does would be better.

Turns out that Hubby's robe does not need a button after all. Washing and ironing have made the neckline just perfect and that was an easy off the task list mark.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

casadekitty wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:53 am Hello all,
Yeah, didn't sleep well here either. I just could not turn my brain off and really it is things that I can do nothing about....except pray.
We got a few sprinkles of rain late afternoon, nothing to rave about. so back to heavy watering.
I have been busy this morning everything done except the floors and fixing to do that next.

Meals are taken care of as I have plenty of salad toppers so good to go.
I am waiting on an important tele call, well important to me anyway. :roll:

Jackie, I hope you have a good time on your get-a-way. Next year we are planning a family get-a-way, a houseboat vacation on Cumberland lake. The kids have done it before and we all want to go this time. This year everyone has done their own thing, they have had fun on their own but want to do a family thing.
Our biggest issue is the family pets and animals. I have a year to find a swim suit..... :roll:

Off to get started again.

JCKitty
I am sure we will, just we have never stayed for a week like this before, usually just 5 days at the most. This year however we are going right at the beginning of the season and you needed to stay a week or not be able to rent. I am finding lots to do and see in places very close so we can spend a couple of days doing the area around the park.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Dressed and washed my face and so on and straightened my bedroom and a few other things and now feel more awake.

Honestly I think its just that long for me to wake up properly and I should just grab a drink and a snack and not do anything for that extra hour.

I forgot that in addition to the dollar store and thrifting (not necessities) I was also going to pick up a grid noteboook for quilt planning and a 23-24 large monthly only planner calendar (that opens with pages instead of an off the wall kind). I still may run and do that before the end of the day although it means a bra just in case, lol.

Gonna make some scrambeled eggs and v8 for lunch, not sure if I have any toast bread left and then off to create.