Daily Check-in June 7, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check-in June 7, 2023

Post by MackerelCat »

Back from errands. I picked up the hideously expensive prescription sunglasses and I am glad to have them despite the heart-stopping cost. I was squinting so much that driving was really unpleasant.

Kitty, one thing among many I miss with the demise of Kmart was it carried great one-piece swim suits. I could just walk in and buy my shirt size in them off the rack and it would fit perfectly. And they were not that expensive, so I could afford two.

I'm about halfway through the chore list. Must go water plants, fill the birdfeeders and do some exercises. The fitness step arrived with the mail and it's just the right size.
Mackie
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

casadekitty wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:53 am Hello all,
Yeah, didn't sleep well here either. I just could not turn my brain off and really it is things that I can do nothing about....except pray.
We got a few sprinkles of rain late afternoon, nothing to rave about. so back to heavy watering.
I have been busy this morning everything done except the floors and fixing to do that next.

Meals are taken care of as I have plenty of salad toppers so good to go.
I am waiting on an important tele call, well important to me anyway. :roll:

Jackie, I hope you have a good time on your get-a-way. Next year we are planning a family get-a-way, a houseboat vacation on Cumberland lake. The kids have done it before and we all want to go this time. This year everyone has done their own thing, they have had fun on their own but want to do a family thing.
Our biggest issue is the family pets and animals. I have a year to find a swim suit..... :roll:

Off to get started again.

JCKitty
I love my houseboat trips to Lake Cumberland. I have gone for Th-Sun trips. We just find a cove, tie up and stay there for then entire trip. You can also explore the lake. And the Lake is quite clean.

Edit to add: I swear by Land's End swimsuits. But that is coming from a large-busted, plus size woman. They have wonderful separates. I subscribe to their email list and they will email offers of 40% off all swimwear or one item and I can usually score .
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Wow.

I just went outside to move my car back into my parking space. The smoke coming down from Quebec has infiltrated the area. I was out only for a few minutes and my eyes were starting to tear.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

So many phone calls today. What the heck.

I just like to text. Hate talking on the phone - :mrgreen:
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Whew, working through the whole book of home exercises for PT, which include ones for my back as well as my legs, takes an hour and twenty minutes. There were two I could not finish because they are slightly different from how the therapist taught me and will take some adjustment. I made sure to finish up with the two that require lying down!

Dora Kitty gave expert supervision from her spot on our bed. I asked her if she knew CPR and she just purred. :-D
Mackie
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Mackie, I divide my exercises for pt up so I am not doing them all on the same day. But I admittedly do an hour of exercising when add in the weights and such.

I just saw that they are closing laguardia airport. I imagine the bigger ones cannot be far behind unless they are closer to a water breeze or something. For those of you who are expsed, please take care, This is the small particle smoke pollution and it will do damage.

We have had it in colorado from Montana and canada fires more than once. Bad for the pets as well.