Daily Check-in June 7, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Grannysewstoys

Re: Daily Check-in June 7, 2023

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I spent most of the morning talking to my sister, I emailed her the pattern for the stuffed sewing machine.

I then spent a long time looking for a needle threader. I have several, all of course are missing.

my diner was tuna and crackers with yellow pepper slices.

I found my embroidery needle threader. The simple reason I didn’t find it earlier as they were in a tiny plastic bag not the pill bottle I thought they were in.

Penny
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Although it was higher (387), air quality in my area right now is 287. To be measured as good the range is 0 - 50.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

I’ve been fairly busy.

Yesterday and today I worked on cleaning the screened porch. I cleaned the whole frame (inside) and began working on the floor. The floor is scored concrete that was painted by mom and dad to look like tiles and repainted several times including by me. It was (and partly still is) VERY dirty from neglect on my part. I cleaned about half really well on my hands and knees and once I’m finished I’ll go over it again with a mop. Then I plan to repaint it - might not be until later in the summer. I reallly enjoyed listening to the birds singing the whole time I worked today.

Since we are finally getting rain, things are growing. I trimmed the hedge under both front windows.

I went to Home Depot yesterday and sat down with a kitchen lady. She was good. Tomorrow they are going to measure the kitchen - the first step.

Tonight I’ll listen to the ballgame.
Last edited by floridacatlover on Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

MackerelCat wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:15 pm Back from errands. I picked up the hideously expensive prescription sunglasses and I am glad to have them despite the heart-stopping cost. I was squinting so much that driving was really unpleasant.

Kitty, one thing among many I miss with the demise of Kmart was it carried great one-piece swim suits. I could just walk in and buy my shirt size in them off the rack and it would fit perfectly. And they were not that expensive, so I could afford two.

I'm about halfway through the chore list. Must go water plants, fill the birdfeeders and do some exercises. The fitness step arrived with the mail and it's just the right size.
I always liked Kmart swimsuits, too, and often bought two in the same style but different prints. Mom and I also liked Jaclyn Smith clothes there back in the day. I still have a Jaclyn Smith robe with beautiful lace on the yoke and so well made. Those were the days.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

LogicsHere wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:12 pm Although it was higher (387), air quality in my area right now is 287. To be measured as good the range is 0 - 50.
my friend who lives in Ocean city Maryland says where she is it's 185 and that's pretty far south. Not at DC but getting there in terms of north and south. Her son lives in Manhattan and is masking, not sure whate else you can do.

I'll be surprised if they don't send some workers home to work if it get's much worse.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

floridacatlover wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:00 pm Then I plan to repaint it - might not be until later in the summer. I reallly enjoyed listening to the birds singing the whole time I worked today.
Can you put vinyl down in it, or just get a really big outdoor rug? The older I get the less hands/knees maintenance I want to do on anything - especially repeatedly :lol: