Daily Check-in June 9, 2023

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Daily Check-in June 9, 2023

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Well our air quality rating is back in the GOOD area at 31. The last couple of days were difficult but it looks like we made it through.

Working on my Friday routine which is basically just the sweeping of floors, making the bed and picking up after myself. No major tasks.

I've added about 20 more people to my ancestry chain the last couple of days and they've all been on my father's side of the family. I'm sure if I had access to Europe, I might be able to find more on my mother's side as well considering the fact that they had large families back then.

Today is going to be one of my whatever happens days although I'm thinking about finally getting out of the house and go to the faux dollar store near me just to look around. Actually we have 3 but the best one has no close parking.

Tonight I'm having some lasagna for dinner.

Well that's it for now. Have a great day.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check-in June 9, 2023

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, frugal friends. I am up quite early for me as DH has a doctor's appointment and someone has to be awake to greet the handyman who is coming to fix the siding over the garage this morning.

More coffee will definitely be in order in just a bit, though.

Received my Poshmark order in the mail yesterday and am very pleased. The white cotton top turned out to be autumn weight and needed a bleach wash to undinge it, but the seller gave me a pretty good discount on it and it looked great after laundering. The slacks need to be shortened and hemmed but fit great otherwise. They were new without tags. Petite slacks on the resale market are not common, so I always wind up buying mediums and altering them.

It took some sweet-talking, but DH liked his surprise gift of summer clothes and asked for a few more items. Because he is extremely particular regarding pockets, collars, softness, colors, sleeve length, you name it -- buying shirts for him is hard, but he seems to like these. I think they need to be line-dried because the dryer shrinks them a bit, but they work for me too.

Okay, more coffee and chores await. Hope you all have a good and peaceful day.
Mackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I have been up for a bit now just reading things on the computer and gazing out the window at the haze that has come back this morning. No air quality advisory that I can find but pretty sure smoke from Alberta's and fires in the north of my province have made their way here once again. Fire fighters from South Africa are here in Alberta once again to help extinguish them there. We here in my province and in BC are pretty much on our own right now and managing to get them slowly under control. Mind you the last two provinces did not cut the wildfire fighting budgets like Alberta did.

Long list today, probably because I forgot to write down one or two tasks that need doing this week. So I needed to add them to todays list. Tasks for today are tidy living room, dust, vacuum, one small extra cleaning task, weed the top round on the perennial bed, strip and remake bed, check plants re watering, put away dishes and pick/wash/lay to dry the lavender. I also want to go shopping early enough that the store will not be crowded. I should be able to get a couple of the tasks done early, and will leave a note for Hubby not to remake the bed if I shop before he is awake.

I hope to get away without spending very much today and am once again considering shopping one week at one store and then picking up the sales at the other store the next week. Something to think about, I also need to figure out if the savings would be worth it taking into account my time and the cost of fuel.

Our vehicle is paid off at the end of this month, so that money will be added to our savings account starting in August. July will be used to help pay for our holiday travel and spending money. I could put the entire amount into savings, but will keep a bit out for unexpected bills or for gift buying.

I think this year, rather than make gifts (too many other projects to complete, and no idea of what to make) I will purchase a few things that I know the boys need and never think of getting. It might be a bit more costly, but I think I need a gift making break this year.

Supper tonight is going to be the leftover lentil curry. I will need to make more rice and also cut more fresh veggies as a side dish.

Today I am grateful that the temperature is supposed to drop a bit today and tomorrow.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Good morning all

Got up very early today - 6am. But I slept well. Was in bed again by 7.

I forgot that school was out yesterday, so no school traffic today. Will miss it. The high school seniors graduate tonight.

Think it is going to be a warm day - not looking forward to that at all. That means sandwich time! Chicken salad and tuna salad. Yummy.

Can't wait for the tomatoes to ripen.

Hope all have a great day.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Good morning all

I had so much fun in the pool that I was thinking of going this morning at around ten while it's only in the eighties, but even under a shirt I think I had better hold off and wait until the evening when the sun is not directly on the pool. Three hours with no protection the first real outing has me a teeny bit lobsterish, so instead of water walking I will try and do some house walking in between other stuff today.

I need to run to a store and get some caffeine and eggs and since that is really all I need I may pay what ever the egg price is at the gas station instead of going into a store.

Not sure yet what the day will hold but there is not a "must do this" looming at me right now.

Jackie, I know I procrastinate much more than you do, but my solution for a few years is to sew and knit things and give them when they are done. sometimes that's Christmas, sometimes a birthday and sometimes just because like the lightweight shawl I have started for my sis. We do a fairly small christmas with stockings and a couple wish list items and is generally just for the four of us and no more than fifty dollars inclusive and sometimes left

I hope everyone that is affected by the fires and air quality is doing okay and that things are slowly improing. Since I don't have a pile of to dos I plan to just sit out here this morning on the patio before it gets hot (it's shaded) and make notes and so on)

Aslo need to see whats going in my suitcase and order a scrip.

Back later
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

My garbage and trash are gathered and out.

I set up package pick up for Amber’s birthday present.

Breakfast was blueberry oatmeal muffins with a glass of milk.

The phone call to the office has been made. Towels are in the wash, I am doing a short wash as a pre wash, I will then wash these few towels again with bleach.

Paid for and set up delivery of a Rx.

There was an estate sale on my floor. I bought nothing.

Penny