Daily Check in Oct 29 2015

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Oct 29 2015

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning Frugal Friends

Office day today. Then Dinner reservations at 6 for Hubby's birthday, so no cooking for me. Hubby and I took a walk after dinner last night. We joked that we will need a lantern next week.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Dgflorida

Re: Daily Check in Oct 29 2015

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning frugals

Absolutely, "fall back" time is always a week of body confusion. The nice thing about nature is that it changes sunrise a tiny bit at a time. Easier to adjust to.

This morning is thick fog all around. The birds seem quiet when it is foggy and sounds seem displaced. Today will be a spend day. In an hour, I will head out to buy a few things and pick up prescriptions. As in so many places, the politicians have allowed overbuilding and the roads are a parking lot at certain times of the day. I feel sorry for those who must sit in line for hours. By mid morning, the traffic is light and I can get where I am going and successfully return. Once I have a garden and we have a fishing pier, I will have less reason to leave home. But my compost pile is not ready yet and we are still waiting for the dock contractor. Patience.

My experiment with cinnamon chicken was not quite successful. I am puzzle why. I think the flavor could be good if it would only soak into the chicken.

Well, off to get my walk in before heading out in traffic. Happy frugal day all.
Vaeagen

Post by Vaeagen »

Happy Thursday everyone!
It is Friday for me as I am taking tomorrow off to go to VA to my best friend's for her big Halloween party on Saturday. DS is coming. We will be back on Sunday late afternoon. DS will go to work on Monday but I have time so I am going to take Monday off. We already have Tuesday off for Election day. Those two days off will help me do the stuff that did not get done due to me being away and keep making more things for the craft fair I am doing on Nov 14th.
Today is an inside day. My boss decided that he did not want to do the groundwater levels today due to the possibility of rain this morning. Ok with my as I am very behind on a lot of paperwork. After work it is straight home to throw together a small bag for the trip and put all my things together for my costume and maybe even throw them all in the car. We will leave after 9am Friday,as going west on Long Island (towards NYC) before that time will not get you anywhere fast. It is best to wait till the rush hour is over or at least tailing off.

Hope all have a safe and realatively frugal halloween/ I will fill you all in when I get back.

Valerie
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good morning everyone,

I have this morning off work but have to make a trip over to payroll as there is a computer glitch with accessing my time sheet. This is annoying to say the least but I am unable to submit any hours that I have worked and subsequently won't get paid until this issue is resolved.

It's been very dismal weather here lately - lots of cloud, rain, near freezing temperatures and high winds. It just makes me want to hibernate! I really need some sunshine to lift up my spirits as I know it affects my mood.

There's a couple of other little errands I'll get done at the same time. I am going to donate a pair of reading glasses that were found on our property for undeveloped countries. I listed them as found under Kijiji and also clipped them onto a tree in our boulevard in an attempt to find the owner. But neither attempts were successful. Also asked our neighbours. They were found right by my hubby's car and we think someone was breaking into cars and taking any valuables. Perhaps the glasses had fallen out of a pocket. They weren't able to get into our car though. We're always very vigilant about locking everything up., including our garden shed.

If I'm lucky I may have time to get a few housekeeping chores done as well before heading off to work.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Creative
dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

Hi all. Mrs C it is sunny here in VA, I will tell Mr. Wind to blow some over your way.

Trying to think of dinner menus for the next few days. Tonight is frozen fish and "double spaghetti" recipe that combines spaghetti, spaghetti squash, parsley and some other ingredients for a side dish. Tonight I will peel and dice potatoes and onions to make potato soup in the crock pot Friday. Will get corn muffins ready to go with that. Still pondering Saturday & Sunday. Grill is still out of commission as deck has not been re-stained yet.

Tonight is puttering around the house. I read a lot of my book while the car was being serviced last night - almost 3.5 hours away from the house counting the drive to/from the service place...ugh. Thank goodness I get to stay home tonight.

Everyone have a good day.....
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites

No fog or snow (since we had some yesterday I can now say the nasty word), this morning. I am sticking around a bit later this morning waiting for my brother's call. I have now managed to get him so he only calls every second day. Quite a feat from numerous calls a day to once a day to once every second day. I am hoping in a year or so to get him to only be calling once every third day. Patience and it will work.

Frugality wise I will be going for my walk after my brother phones. Nice frugal exercise in the brisk (perhaps cold to some) air.

Then it will be home to do up the dishes from Hubby making fudge last night. They are piled in my sink right now. After that I plan on going shopping. It will be a day earlier than I planned, but as youngest DS is home I really need to get milk (should be gone by this afternoon) and some salad fixings. I also should pick up a prescription for Hubby and our remaining pocket money for the month.

This afternoon I plan on sneaking into the sewing room for a bit and getting the machine threaded and new bobbins wound for the second quilt. Then I will work on Hubby's Christmas gift for a bit. I do have a feeling that Hubby and DS will be fishing sometime in the next 3 days and I can get that second quilt done (crossing my fingers).

I have also almost finished the books I downloaded onto my Kobo so sometime today I plan on downloading a few more free or perhaps splurging and using my gift card to purchase a new one. Maybe even the new Phillipa Gregory one Rinty spoke about a bit ago.

Supper tonight is going to be a big pot of chili (hope to make enough to freeze some for other meals....one for Saturday at least), served with slices of toast we should be just fine.

Today I am grateful that though the skies are overcast no moisture is falling from the sky.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/