Daily Check In 9/6/2015

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
itspennyc

Re: Daily Check In 9/6/2015

Post by itspennyc » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:50 pm

My job helping my friend clear her apartment is over I have turned over the keys and all her mail to her son. I have no idea what he did with what, I wasn’t going to be nosy. I do know when I took my trash out about an hour ago there was some stainless flatware and rugs from her apartment on the couch in the lobby.

The wobbly metal frame walker was used for parts to fix a good one that didn’t have wheels and glides. So even that was used.

I am going to tell everyone on Tuesday that on Sunday I gave her son the keys and her mail. He decided what happened to everything that was still in the apartment. I had no part I also have no idea where anything went.

I am sure there will be some hurt feelings.

Penny

LWolfT

Post by LWolfT » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:58 pm

Good evening ... another hot day. I think there is a force field around my side of town ... it rained everywhere else last night!

I now have two holes in my walls ... one where the plumber cut to find the busted pipe. The other so he could actually fix the pipe. We will have to call the restoration folks after the holiday.

So last night ran some errands, came home and did some kitchen work. Made a batch of BBQ sauce ...we had ribs for Sunday dinner, too, Jackie!

Also put a lot stuff back in their proper places, and found a box to put my throw rugs in, rather than have them sitting on the closet floor. Looks a lot better.

BevMoore

Post by BevMoore » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:44 pm

Clem we will be getting your 100+ degree weather this coming week. Not looking forward to it. At least this year we have two 20 minute lunch recesses with 20 minutes of cafeteria duty in between a lot better than an entire stretch of 90 minutes like last year. They did away with the overlaps and this works so much better.

In spite of the fact we are two months away from fall I went ahead and put up all of my fall and Halloween decorations! I took advantage of the fall type weather yesterday and figured the decorating wouldn't get done in the heat. My great rooms look beautiful! I actually like this better than Christmas decorating, I think because I love the colors.

Took advantage of a free 60 day membership to pick up some things at Sams Club. I still prefer Costco because they have a wide range of organic foods. But periodically Sams Club will offer temporary memberships at no charge. I can also use my daughter's membership and she uses my Costco membership. I can't believe how much food costs! I spent $224.00! I did spend about $40 on books and magazines but still! Everything else were things we needed; nothing fancy.

So we will not get a COLA on our Social Security this next year. According to them the cost of living did not go up. Say what????? I will be telling those I pay bills to not raise anything, if they do I will only pay what I pay now because according to the Feds nothing has (or should) go up.
Bev

icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:40 pm

BevMoore wrote:
So we will not get a COLA on our Social Security this next year. According to them the cost of living did not go up. Say what????? I will be telling those I pay bills to not raise anything, if they do I will only pay what I pay now because according to the Feds nothing has (or should) go up.
Bev
Bev, I double dog dare you to not pay more. :lol:

So good evening to all lazy day today, but I did bake some bread, I am trying to get some sour dough to be sour, I found a recipe that calls for sour salts and 12 hours in the fridge, I also made it with 1/4 cup of white vinegar. it's a little more sour, but I am not real happy about it. :( Oh well I will try again it is eatable..

my sister is having a party tomorrow, so yesterday I baked some sour dough choc chips cookies, so far everyone that I have given them to has liked them. :)

IC

BeckyO

Post by BeckyO » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:12 pm

Late check-in
Evening Y'All,

I stayed up, slept late, yada, yada, yada.... That's my life. I enjoy it. It fits my body, if only the world would co-operate, LOL....

It was a pretty day here today. I thought about going someplace, but I really p0refer not to get on the Interstate during a long holiday weekend.

I am steadily (not speedily) getting some chores done, so the place is standing still, not getting worse, but not much better. The kitchen is in order. I do need to mop that floor. There are very few dirty clothes. I still need to put away a few winter items. I put them away several times and had to take them out. I may get them put away in time for the for the first cold snap;; usually the first week in Oct, LOL

I sorted my weeks meds. I need to water my plants and do some filing. I think the filing is the chore I am most behind in (Except the winter items LOL) Maybe I can reward myself with some genealogy time.

Have a good night.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:40 am

MackerelCat wrote:Hi, Clem! I'm glad the COD is letting you do the yard work. He needs to concentrate on getting well.

I've been working in the kitchen today. Made a pot of potato soup to go with yesterday's homemade rye bread. DH is outside working on the back porch. He found a rotten spot on the trim of our porch and has been busy prying that off and cutting pressure-treated wood to fit.

We plan to continue puttering around the house, very frugally, of course. :)
The guy came by and mowed the rest of the yard. He didn't even want to use the riding mower. See, he thinks like me. It just doesn't feel right. I don't know why. Its really not that hard using the push mower, you just walk behind it anyway. Good exercise. This is probably the last mowing for a while. The grass isn't growing as much. It looks good, even if it is on the dry side in areas.