Daily Check in Nov 6, 2015

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in Nov 6, 2015

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Well household chores and two extra cleaning jobs for the month are done. I have even got up to where I will be taking stitches off for the neckline of the sweater. I may actually finish this side of the cardigan and be able to cast on for the second side today!!!

Got our power bill and almost died. This is an estimate and the power company is over by $127.00 at least in their estimate. Boy are they going to be surprised when they do finally come and read the meter. Keeping the heat lower, lights off and the heat turned down in the bedroom seems to be working to a certain extent. We do have one more estimate to get through however.

I am surprised but because Hubby over inflated the budget line for electrical we will still be under budget.

Off to visit a friend for coffee. See you all later.

Jackie

rinty

Post by rinty »

LogicsHere wrote:Wish things would start to slow down a bit. Seems I've been running continuously with no sign of a break.

Today I will be visiting my mother a little earlier as I have to leave around 1:00 and go for the last appointment with the Dept of Labor. Meeting seems ridiculous since I'm at the last two checks this week and next.

In spite of all the benefits of her being there, Mom not doing well in NH environment. She has been acting out (actually slid out of her bed onto the floor pretending to have fallen out of bed), crying and telling everyone that she wants to die and if she could get a pill she'd take it. They are seriously concerned about her as am I. She went off on one of these "sessions" while in a short meeting to discuss her doctor appointments yesterday. They have her talking to a psychologist on a weekly basis and the psychiatrist has again changed the medication she's on for depression.

I'm hoping they can find some kind of a happy medium soon as this is taking a toll on me as well as her.

Logics, (((hugs))) this is beyond draining for you , and your poor mum.

rinty

Post by rinty »

Hey Frugals,

Hope all is well with everyone, poor Logics excepted.

Foul week here.

DS hospital appt went well though. I didn't go, DH did and he was full of praise for the consultant ( which is always good ! ) We had carers there who could take DS out so DH could talk to the consultant ABOUT DS, then DS could come back, the consultant could deal with him, etc, etc. VERY good care, happy with the meds and the attention to detail. We would like to decrease or get rid of one med. The consultant is willing to work with us on that having now seen and examined DS.

My job though........... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I do NOT have the energy to work in this hole. BUT need to find something else. My immediate co workers, very nice. But some of the staff .........oh, my word ! I got attacked by a student and frankly it was due to another member of staff, so I had to rock up to my doctors surgery, sit and wait for HOURS and get some treatment.......and meds. Wouldn't have happened in my last job. And the meds clash with my ulcerative colitis meds apparently...........GOOD TIMES.

I spent the £7 I had in my purse this week....emotional spending !........I bought a coconut bodywash and pretty nailfile ( £3 ) in the pharmacy when collecting the meds I needed........wanted SOMETHING nice. Also bought Poppy Day merchandise which goes to military charities. I have a large fabric poppy I wear, the paper ones only ever last me a day, though I do buy several during the run up to Remembrance Day .

It is nice this year to have our ceramic poppy from the Tower of London display . From the Seas of Red display in 2014. Each poppy symbolised a dead soldier so its very poignant. They are quite large its over 2 ft long, we have ours laid on our dining table on a white cloth.

Food shopping done, house cleanish , huge mound of laundry......blah. meals have been good though....value wise and taste wise. Tonight we treated ourselves to yellow sticker ( REDUCED) meals, paying a quarter of the price. It was yummy but wouldn't buy at normal price.

Nice family weekend coming THANK GOODNESS. Big roast dinner and I am making a nice trifle for Sundays dessert. LOVE trifle ; )

DH doesn't want to Christmas shop yet as its too early..............48 days from now, DH, it ain't too early. WHATEVER, he will be the one searching toy shops in mile long queues....." You can't find the exact dolls buggy our 6 year old DGD has set her heart on after searching through 17 shops ????? Keep searching DH, you don't want to break her little heart ." This weekend I will buy all the sweets........the traditional "selection box" of chocolate bars each British child MUST receive......Terrys choc oranges for all........and some choc gifts for adults.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

It has been a busy couple of days.

An elderly relative by marriage passed away this week and we have been busy attending to viewings, funeral and afterwards. Just got home about an hour ago.

Very nice lady, so 8 out of 11 of us attended. We did not tell our mother because she would be devastated. She already lost two of her other friends these last couple of months.

It was a beautiful service. Beautiful peaceful final resting place out in the middle of the country surrounded by live oak trees - a historic resting site for the founding families of our county.

Rain had been forecast all this weekend, and it stayed away. Good thing, because the road would have been a muddy mess. As it was, we parked out on the road and had to walk over a cattle guard! We could have cracked an ankle! But we did it. We were the only ones by the way. We were the last ones to get there, so no room for our vehicle. It was interesting.

Not sure if I am going to the last football game of the season. Depends if my sister says she wants to go.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Yes, 12 more rows and I can cast off and start the next piece of Hubbys sweater!!!

Jackie