Daily Check in Nov 9, 2015

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Nov 9, 2015

Post by mbrudnic »

Good morning frugals,

I found bruises all around my ankle, has to be from trying to get an ankle brace to fit. My slim ankle expands quickly into well developed calf muscles, so the lace up brace is difficult to get tight.

We enjoyed the concert that DS was a part of, but the University's theater was a bit small for the marching band number. LOL! Before the concert, took hubby out and got him a new pair of jeans. Of course I had no coupons or special offers. However I did get some Kohl's cash. He wants a second pair. Fortunately (?) they did not have another pair in his size, but I will write down what he got and get another pair with the next sale.

I have chicken defrosting in the fridge for dinner. I also have a pork tenderloin that I need to cut up and freeze.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in Nov 9, 2015

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites

I went to bed very early last night and watched a little of the Netflix series I chose. Almost done the first season now and I think there is just one more to go. I will need to choose a new series very soon.

Colder today with a slight chance of freezing rain. The freezing rain can stay away for awhile, colder weather is inevitable so let it come. I will be heading out for my daily walk once the sun comes up, just adding layers and a headband the last couple of cold days. I think today just may be fingerless gloves as well.

Today will be a frugal, stay at home day. I have lots to do starting with a full laundry basket and ending with finishing the left front of my knitting and the casting on of the first sleeve (I may just get this finished by the end of the week).

I need to find the pattern for the three ear flap hats I hope to knit for my nieces and gather together some yarn. I am hoping they knit up quickly so they can be in the mail by the end of the month.

I have done a change around of the menu for the rest of the month in order to use up the bags of leftover meat in the fridge freezer as well as a few containers. Things are beginning to stack up in there and I need to get a handle on it. Not much good in being frugal if things don't get used in a timely fashion.

Laundry will be done as usual, but I am really liking the Kirkland pods. Can't cut them in half but they seem to do the work better than my Purex liquid does in all water temperatures. Hubby is very impressed with the results.

I also need to bake a loaf of bread today. I will start one shortly.

Supper tonight will be some Turkey Soup from the fridge along with some grilled cheese sandwiches.

Today I am grateful for brisk walks on cold mornings, and cups of tea in the afternoon.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Morning frugals,

A new week. It is hard to keep track of time when retired. This morning is warm, overcast with a chance of rain. I got out early for my walk jog. It went better than the last several times. I felt that rhythm of jogging for the first time. Up til now, it has just been a push and out of breath experience. Going to be careful and not push it too hard like I did before. Today, I start a free yoga class. It is just once a week, but it may motivate me to get back into it a bit. Tomorrow is another free class called fit. It is supposed to start with an exercise portion and then a talk. Been pestering my Houston dance partner every day to get into shape. He is starting to walk some. He has been going to dances, but the available women are generally tubby, unable to really dance and unwilling to take lessons. I urged him to take some private lessons with our teacher. I am concerned that he will be ruined by these poor dancers and annoy me. He already paid for the lesson, so why not use them.

The Terro ant poison worked its wonders again. The ants that were flooding my porch are no more. Takes a long 2 days though. May call the Realtor and find out what is going on with the house. Beef in bag whole roast cut up and in the freezer. 6 roasts plus chopped beef dinner last night and a beef something tonight or cheese and eggplant. Several pounds of cheese in the freezer as well. 4 slice per bag each wrapped in wax paper and then all put in sealed freezer bag.

I stopped at Home Depot yesterday to get ideas for the house remodeling. Really nothing I want. I sent my house drawing off to a architect friend, but sure would like to know more about small house design ideas.

I will stop by a store on the way back from yoga and a bulb for green for Veteran day. So almost a no spend day.

Well, off to yoga. Happy frugal day all.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning everyone.

Maggie, I use a Futuro ankle support that has Velcro closures so easy to adjust. It sells for about $15 at the drugstore. It is not an ankle brace so may not provide you with enough support but it works pretty well for me. I was wearing it just yesterday.

Jackie, I think that Purex has been watered down in recent years. I now use Tide. I believe the CVS preview ad for next week has a good sale on the Tide pods so I may try them.

Today will be a quiet day. I only plan on stripping my bed and doing laundry. I have started knitting a chair pad for my cat and I'm enjoying the knitting. I have always loved to knit but got away from it living in such a warm climate.

Yesterday I did a lot more trimming on mom's big bougainvillea. It is really coming along. Once I get it to a manageable size we can keep it under control hopefully. I also trimmed a lot off the ixora bush near the mailbox. It is still hot here but was overcast yesterday so not too bad.

Tomorrow mom has blood work in the morning so we will go out to breakfast afterwards. Then I want to go through the garage and get some things ready for the garbage "big pickup" on Wednesday.

Have a good day.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I have been busy this morning, I have stripped my bed, the clean bottom sheet is on my bed. I have washed my hair, I have a permanent press wash in the washer. Next my sheets will go in. I also gathered and put out the trash/garbage.

I still need to finish making my bed. I have a lot of sorting to do. I still want to do more decluttering. I need to go through books. I have more to do.

I need to dust the ceiling fan over my bed. I should have done it before I stripped the bed. I already have a clean bottom sheet on my bed.

I have a small box of books to give away. There are more shelves to go through but I don’t have another box. Plus I am very tired now.

I am resting now, I still need to finish making my bed.

Penny
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning Penny and all,
Penny sounds like you have been busy, take it easy on yourself.
I may have over done it yesterday...very sore and was hurting last night while trying to sleep. But when I look outside and see the leaves cleaned up it makes it alittle better. I don't feel real motivated for today tho, need to suck it up and get er done.
There was a light frost this morning but supposed to get up to 56 degrees , so if I can get it together I will go outside and get some work done on my garage project.
I think I will get some bread started and clean out the fridge before going any further.

Have a great day all,
JCKitty