MFH Secret Santa Gift Exchange 2015

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ErinHuffstetler
Site Admin

MFH Secret Santa Gift Exchange 2015

Post by ErinHuffstetler »

Alright guys, we've had several months to break in the new forum; now it's time to start some new traditions. First up: a Secret Santa gift exchange.

Here are the rules:

Please keep your spending to $10 or less. Second-hand gifts and handmade items are perfectly acceptable. Use your bargain shopping prowess to see how far you can make $10 go.

Sign up ends on December 12, and you'll find out who's name you've drawn soon after. Please try to mail gifts promptly, so that they (hopefully) arrive by the end of the month.

Some participants may live outside of the U.S., so keep in mind that shipping costs will vary.

If that all sounds good to you, hop over to Elfster.com to create an account (free). Then, enter your name and mailing address to sign up. After the registration period closes, I'll draw names, and everyone will receive one name and address. Your information will not be shared with anyone else. I respect your privacy.

Since we often only know each other by our forum member names, feel free to include your forum name in the notes section when you sign up.

Here's where you need to go to throw your name in the hat:

https://www.elfster.com/exchange/view/18315053/b0bceb/

Note: Elfster was a bit buggy earlier today, but it seems to be running fine now. If you run into any problems, give it another go.
Erin Huffstetler
Editor, MyFrugalHome.com

ohjodi

Re: MFH Secret Santa Gift Exchange 2015

Post by ohjodi »

THAT sounds like fun :-) I'm in!

After I registered at that link, then next page said "access denied" but then if you just click on the "home" button it takes you to the first page with your name on there, so it looks like you do get registered even if it doesn't look like it at first.
Last edited by ohjodi on Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ohjodi

ErinHuffstetler
Site Admin

Awesome! I'm super excited about this :)
Erin Huffstetler
Editor, MyFrugalHome.com

ErinHuffstetler
Site Admin

Thanks, that's helpful info. Like I said, their site has been really buggy today. Maybe they're getting hit with more holiday traffic than they can handle? Who knows. My fingers are crossed that they get it resolved quickly. It was working beautifully yesterday.
Erin Huffstetler
Editor, MyFrugalHome.com

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Joined in as well. I had the same problem, but it seems as if I am in just like Ojodi.

ErinHuffstetler
Site Admin

Guys, if you tried to sign up before, and received the "accessed denied" message. Please give it one more go. I switched out the link to a new one that should be working properly.
Erin Huffstetler
Editor, MyFrugalHome.com