Daily Check in Dec 30, 2015

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Dec 30, 2015

Post by mbrudnic »

Good morning frugals,

Gosh, I need to practice writing 2016. Today I plan to clean up my wrapping station in the spare room. We are also ready to take down the live tree.

Hubby and DS took care of dinner, warming up leftovers and supplementing them with grilled cheese sandwiches. DS went out for bread and went to the bread thrift store. We are not big sandwich eaters here, and when we are the bread is typically toasted or browned, so day old bread is fine for us.

I do have a lunch-hour appointment to have my hair cut. Yay!

Have a great day,
Maggie
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in Dec 30, 2015

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites

Getting so close to the end of the year and a beginning of a new one. I am truly excited over what this new year can bring to us for the most part, only one worry being carried over to the new year, and there is really nothing we can do but wait.

Today is going to be spent getting a few chores accomplished, going to the bank to pay the bills and get our spending money out, helping youngest DS pack up to head home, doing some sewing, and perhaps getting the lower back of my sweater finished tonight. The sweater will not be ready for New Years Eve either, but perhaps sometime early next month I can say "Done."

The temperature isn't bad so a walk this morning is in order. I do so feel better when I get out even if it is for just a short walk.

Meals will be made from what is on hand in fridge and freezer. Lots of leftovers once again. I do have to make us a loaf of bread today though, the bread we have will be gone at lunch. Will do a quick wash of the bread pan and get a new loaf started before I leave for my walk.

As you can all see the usual quiet, boring day that I usually have. Guess I am just lucky that way. Keeping my fingers crossed that most days continue to be like that.

Supper tonight will be leftover turkey soup along with sandwiches.

Today I am grateful that I got to finish my 60th year with a bang, and start my 61st with the quiet of the morning.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I too am looking forward to the New Year!!!

Can't believe we slept through the night. I woke up at 6ish and could have sworn it was 2 as usual. Their normal, "i gotta go" time.

So I've been up since then and now will start getting ready for the day. We are meeting for breakfast.

I only know that 3 of us will be there this morning. The others never replied to my text. A first for them. This probably has to do with the movie plans. I'm sure they want to go, but don't want to go if So and So is going.

Gee - 65 year old ladies - give it a rest. :roll:

Hope all have a great day
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I had made reservations to go to Yarnivore my favorite LYS tomorrow. But the weather is not looking good so I will cancel and try again another time. The next few days don’t look good for this trip. I will check next week some time. The store is closed New Year’s Day, and they are predicting rain for the next several days.

Yesterday one of my friends came by, we visited for about 2 hours. It was wonderful seeing her. It has been a long time since we last visited.

I see the neurologist this afternoon for the nerve conduction tests. Then I will know what is going on with my hands.

My sweater is at the point of starting to knit the sleeves.

Penny
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

itspennyc wrote:I had made reservations to go to Yarnivore my favorite LYS tomorrow. But the weather is not looking good so I will cancel and try again another time. The next few days don’t look good for this trip. I will check next week some time. The store is closed New Year’s Day, and they are predicting rain for the next several days.

Yesterday one of my friends came by, we visited for about 2 hours. It was wonderful seeing her. It has been a long time since we last visited.

I see the neurologist this afternoon for the nerve conduction tests. Then I will know what is going on with my hands.

My sweater is at the point of starting to knit the sleeves.

Penny
I was surprised that we had rain last night. Going to be a wet new years.
AnneX

Post by AnneX »

good Morning

Looks like we may get some sun today. That will be welcome. We had our first snow of the season on Monday night so I will be wearing boots when i go out, though the sidewalks are mostly clear.

Yesterday afternoon I went over to my friend's apartment for a glass of wine. She wanted to show me the new furniture she had bought for her living room and dining area. Her place looks very nice. I may buy the same dining table and chairs she has. I have wanted new for some time.

The people above me have been doing quite a bit of banging and thumping the last couple of days. i'm wondering if they're moving. They are a couple with a dog and must find quarters a bit cramped. And she is a baker and could use a big kitchen to indulge her passion.

I''m going out in a few minutes to see the Turner exhibition at the Art Gallery. I bought the ticket online last night. My ticket is timed for 10:30 but apparently I can go in anytime between 10:30 and noon. I will try for 10:30 as it probably won't be as crowded then.

Need to strip my bed and do laundry this afternoon.

Take care,
AnneX