Unable to input data: Recipe Cards

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Don in E Texas

Unable to input data: Recipe Cards

Post by Don in E Texas » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:36 am

We're putting together a Cook Book at work -- and I'm a 'helper'. Have printed out a lot of the forms on this great site, but unable to load a PDF form and enter data here on my home computers - this is on two computers running Windows 10. A computer running Windows 7 (at work) works just fine. Any thoughts? Do have the latest Adobe software loaded.

First post --- 80 yrs old - married 60 yrs. Live on 70 acres of forest land in E Texas. Plus I'm still employed (I Failed Retirement). Ride a Spyder motorcycle (No, not a Hells Angel member :D )

TIA

Don

Jackielou

Re: Unable to input data: Recipe Cards

Post by Jackielou » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:53 am

Don, I would check to see if your computer at home allows you to input data into the PFD. I know the Adobe we run at home does not allow you to rewrite into the form.

Adobe will tell you at the top right when you try to enter any data that the program you are running does not allow changes. You would have to purchase on your home computer the next level of Adobe to allow you to enter your information.

At least that is how it works on my home computer. I got to try the higher level of Adobe for a bit, and when I did not purchase it lost that functionality.

Also perhaps Adobe has not completed their windows 10 compatibility upgrades as of yet.

Don in E Texas

Post by Don in E Texas » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:02 am

WOW!

Thanks for fast reply -- I'll check out Adobe a bit further - or just do all the work @ work :D

Don

ErinHuffstetler
Site Admin

Post by ErinHuffstetler » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:45 pm

One more possibility: PDFs were originally created to be universal files. Everyone opened them with Adobe, so everyone got the same thing. Perfect. But then a couple years ago Google and a couple other browser companies decided to muddy the waters by developing their own PDF readers. Unfortunately, these don't provide the same universal result. So, I would also check to see if the reader that opened does indeed say it's from Adobe. Many browsers default to using their own (less reliable) readers now, and you have to go in and manually change the default to Adobe. As a website owner, it's been a really frustrating problem because I want everyone to have a printable that functions the way I intended it to. Hopefully these newcomers to the reader game will eventually work out the kinks.
Erin Huffstetler
Editor, MyFrugalHome.com

BeckyO

Post by BeckyO » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:00 pm

Welcome to the forum, Don,
Erin is good about prompt replies. there are a number of other posters who can help with various topics. Please, join us and add your voice.