Daily Check In January 10, 2016

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Grannysewstoys

Re: Daily Check In January 10, 2016

Post by Grannysewstoys »

Happy Anniversary Jackie.

Penny
AnneX

Re: Dailniversaryy Check In January 10, 2016

Post by AnneX »

Happy Anniversary, Jackie! Enjoy your roses and your day.

AnneX
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Happy Anniversary, Jackie! What a sweet husband to buy you 40 roses. Very romantic.

It is getting "cold" here and will get into the 40s tonight. That is cold for us.

Mom and I will go to Publix today and then I plan to do something at her house, either clean/decluttering one shelf in the hall closet or do some trimming/clipping outside depending how I feel.

Some friends are coming into town this week and I'm hoping they will call today or tomorrow so that we can plan a day to get together. I am not good at last-minute get togethers.

Last night after I returned home from the genealogy seminar I did a bit of research on the Family Search site. I found some information on my Quebec great-great-grandmother. The seminar teacher said that the indexing on Family Search (the LDS site) was much better than Ancestry so I'm going to go back and look for some things I couldn't find on Ancestry.

Have a good day.
AnneX

Post by AnneX »

Good Morning:

The film we saw yesterday "Ingrid Bergman: in her own words", was very interesting. Highly recommend it.

Today is another dreary rainy day. Feel like just crawling back into bed.

A woman from our seniors group called last night and invited me to come to her place for lunch today. It would be a matter of taking my own lunch as she injured herself a few weeks ago. Other people from the group are going. She's pretty much homebound at the moment and enjoys company. it would probably be fun but I had already planned out a quiet day, so made my excuses.. Seeing what the weather is like and the possibility of high wind gusts later I don't regret my decision.

I made some butternut squash and bean stew this morning. It seems more soupish than stewish. I will put it in the freezer for now.

I've washed the dishes and cleaned up the kitchen from my breakfast and stew making.
Now I'm going to mess everything up again making breakfast muffins. I like to cook and bake on the weekends when hydro rates are lower.

This afternoon I want to go to the reference library and browse through some art books about prints and printmaking. Hope to get some inspiration for the course I am starting tomorrow. My apartment is very close to a subway station and so is the reference library, so I won't need to be outside much.

lunch will be soup and supper will be the sausage and cabbage dish I made yesterday.

take care,
AnneX
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Happy Anniversary Jackie!
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Huge rain here. We are in Ski territory...so really terrible for the mountains.
We were going to take our granddaughters skiing today...will be taking them to an indoor skating rink instead.