Daily Check in Jan 12, 2016

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in Jan 12, 2016

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning Frugal friends,

Snow here this morning. DS is on a 90 minute delay. So I made him go with me to the grocery to get a gallon of milk since he has not driven in snow. The main drag was well salted, but the side roads were snow covered.

I am working form home today with the snow and jsut getting back. I may start some laundry even though we have plenty of work/cold weather clothing clean.

All my meals will be from home, even though I have no idea what it will be yet.

Have a great day,
Maggie

countrygal

Re: Daily Check in Jan 12, 2016

Post by countrygal »

It's a brisk one here again so got the woodstove going so i'm going to make soup today on it,got my stockpot out now just have to decide which i want to make maybe a hamburger soup not sure.Just working on a few crafts today and watching a Doris Day movie "The Thrill Of It All"then there's another one Move Over Darling".
Home Is Where Your Heart Is!

dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

Good morning. Cold here but rain and a few snow showers, so I'm not complaining. I will go visit DF again at the nursing facility, see if he is eating. He was dehydrated yesterday. I can see where this is going. I have packed a good lunch and snacks for my supper, which will probably be eaten as I drive home again (2 hr drive each way.) That is all I will have time for today. I made bread in the machine overnight so at least I can have PBJ if DH does not cook soon.

jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,

I woke up at 5:04 AM and cannot get back to sleep. Might have a nap this afternoon. I have been out and shoveled a path for the dog and to get to the garage. Fiancé will plow later today, I don't have anywhere I need to be so he can do his contracts first. Snow seems to be letting up, looks pretty and clean right now.
TV news is reporting a lot of slide offs, school closings and delays...ahhh the joys of winter ;)
I will be busy today, just need to get some coffee in me and get started.
Will check back later, really wish we would here from Devotedtodemands and Jackie26....hope they are well.
Have a safe day all,
stay warm.

JCKitty

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugals

Watched a couple of shows on my tablet last night so I over slept this morning. Having my coffee now and hoping to get everything completed that I need completed today.

Once again sitting in the deep freeze and as the temperature warms up the snow and wind are supposed to appear. We could us a bit more ground cover, but that darn wind can stay away.

I will be busy doing Tuesdays to do list, not that anything will take a great deal of time, just a bunch of piddly little chores of 10 to 15 minutes each. I will also be baking some bread as we do not have any left up here and the store bought stuff does not last very long.

The afternoon will hopefully see me working on my embroidery. I am hoping that by the end of the week there is a big chunk done. Then I won't feel bad when I set it aside to complete the sewing projects and work on a few knitting projects in the evenings. I do believe the goal of getting this finished will be extended into next month along with another unfinished project I have not even looked at. Working steadily though is allowing me to see a bit of light at the end of the tunnel, however long that tunnel seems to be.

Frugal past times around the house will be the usual. I haven't the inclination to add anything new right now. In reality I know there are lots of little things we could be doing, but nothing jumps out at me. I think I might have hit frugal fatigue this winter. Either that or my brain has frozen from the cold.

Tonight I will be using up one of the two packages of leftover frozen chicken to make a casserole type meal. I am going to search through my cookbooks and online for something different. Time to add new recipes to the mix once again.

Today I am grateful for the tiny bit of ice fog we are having. It softens the harsh winter landscape.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc »

I slept a bit later than usual for me. 7:15 am. I need to re-knit the bottom of the lady bug I knit. As It came out very much too small. So I will have to re-knit it. Unfortunately the bottom is black. I don’t like knitting black.

Traffic is a huge mess this morning, it is nice and dry, but there are major accidents on two of the major highways into the city. I am glad I am retired. Yesterday there were no major accidents.

I need to tackle more of the things I need to do before my surgery.

Penny