I'm going to be a grandma!

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
tammy65

I'm going to be a grandma!

Post by tammy65 »

This will be my first grandchild. My son is an only child and my daughter-in-law is the oldest of 4 girls. The baby will be the first grandchild for her parents also. They have been married for 2 1/2 years.
We actually found out on Christmas morning but they asked us to keep the news a secret until she reached 12 weeks. Boy, that was a hard secret to keep. Their official due date is July 23.
They have already asked me to be their babysitter and I of course said YES! I've been cleaning and de-cluttering like a mad woman for the last couple of weeks. We have been remodeling the house for the last couple of years as we get the extra money and can pay for it room by room. The carpets need to be cleaned because of the drywall dust and just general spring cleaning that I do every year.
After they got married, I had moved my home office into my son's bedroom. Now the room is going to become the baby's room and I'm in the process of moving my home office into the extra bedroom at the far end of the house.
It's been fairly easy to get things done because my car is broken down at the moment and I've been stuck at home all week. I'm concentrating on each room one at a time and find that this is the easiest way to get things accomplished.
Anyway, I just had to share my wonderful news with all of you special ladies. I will need to be especially frugal now more than ever.

Thanks for letting me share my good news!

Tammy

Do not automatically parse URLs
Jackielou

Re: I'm going to be a grandma!

Post by Jackielou »

Congratulations. Enjoy your new addition when he or she arrives.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
blondeinbuffalo

Post by blondeinbuffalo »

That is wonderful news! thanks for sharing. cj
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Congratulations Tammy! I know that you are going to have so much fun being a grandma.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Being a grandparent is sooo much fun. How lucky for your Son & DIL that you can be the baby's caretaker.

Maggie
BeckyO

Post by BeckyO »

You'll enjoy being a grandma : ) I have, very much. It is your very own extension into the future. just remember it is their child, not yours, which means you get a lot of fun but not all the responsibilities.